The professionals at the National Security Agency (NSA) have one common goal: to protect our nation. The mission requires a strong offense and a steadfast defense. The offense collects, processes and disseminates intelligence information derived from foreign signals for intelligence and counterintelligence purposes. The defense prevents adversaries from gaining access to sensitive classified national security information. In support of a customer's mission, Information Technology (IT) Customer Liaisons incorporate the customer's process and technology needs into the enterprise mission planning and execution space.
Description of the Position
The responsibilities of an IT Customer Liaison include:
- Defining, interpreting, documenting, and prioritizing customer's technical requirements
- Preparing operational, functional, and technical requirement documentation
- Identifying opportunities to improve customers' capabilities by monitoring developments that indicate evolving customer technical needs and providing information about new and enhanced technical capabilities
- Providing timely and accurate customer-centric information regarding capabilities activities that may affect customer operations
- Creating partnerships that promote interoperability and consolidate IT resources
- Relaying customer feedback to appropriate IT managers
- Develop and maintain customer relationship and communication throughout the customer lifecycle and serve as the primary point of contact between the organization and the customer.
The ideal candidate is someone with a desire for continual learning and who possesses strong communication (oral and written), problem-solving, analytic, interpersonal skills, and is:
- customer service & requirements oriented
- able to work effectively (independently and/or within teams) across functional areas in a collaborative environment
- able to manage multiple tasks with competing timelines and deliverables
- proficient with Microsoft Office suite of tools (i.e., Word, Excel)
Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas is preferred:
- Systems administration
- Project management
- Application administration
- IT support or management
- Requirement analysis
- Systems Engineering
- Ticketing System Use
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 8 hours per day.
How To Apply - External
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply' button located at the top right of this posting. After completing the application for the first time, or reviewing previously entered information, and clicking the 'Submit' button, you will receive a confirmation email. Please ensure your spam filters are configured to accept emails from (see application details).
***PLEASE NOTE: U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants. Reasonable accommodations provided to applicants with disabilities during the application and hiring process where appropriate. NSA is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations. All applicants and employees are subject to random drug testing in accordance with Executive Order 12564. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security background investigation and polygraph.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you may be asked to submit documents verifying your eligibility.
Please note that you may be asked a series of questions depending on the position you apply for. Your responses will be used as part of the screening process of your application and will assist in determining your eligibility for the position. Be sure to elaborate on experiences in your resume. Failure to provide the required information or providing inaccurate information will result in your application not being considered for this position. Only those applicants who meet the qualifications for the position will be contacted to begin employment processing.
Please Note: Job Posting could close earlier than the closing date due to sufficient number of applicants or position no longer available. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
The National Security Agency (NSA) is part of the DoD Intelligence Community Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). All positions in the NSA are in the Excepted Services under 10 United States Codes (USC) 1601 appointment authority.