Legal Operations Solution Architect - Contract Management
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Sep 13, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200287071
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Legal and Global Security Operations team is seeking a Legal Solutions Architect to tackle the responsibility of driving progress on Legal Operations and Technology transformation roadmap initiatives focused on increasing efficiency and effectiveness. We are looking for an experienced legal solutions architect/legal technology specialist to drive business requirements and process improvements for contract lifecycle management and workflow, running projects across legal areas supported by Legal Operations. You will partner closely with legal, IS&T, security, privacy, and Information Governance personnel to implement innovative technologies, process efficiencies and drive development of world-class legal operations solutions.
- Ability to deeply comprehend business problems from legal Practice Groups ("Practice Groups"), develop priorities, and recognize opportunities for process improvements.
- Proficiency with contract management, document management, automation, and workflow management.
- Ensure Practice Groups are supported with technology to allow the most efficient and effective legal services, proper controls, and overall client satisfaction. Monitor efficient/effective use of technology, including identifying and evaluating emerging technology and making recommendations regarding tools and systems.
- Prioritize programs and projects based on business needs, legal department needs, resource capacity, risk exposure and interdependencies.
- Ability to build strong relationships with IS&T, Finance, Procurement, and other cross-functional teams and technical resources across many levels of the organization.
- Experience successfully applying automation, AI/ML to Legal Solutions.
- Ability to work collaboratively with senior leadership and contribute meaningfully to strategic planning initiatives.
- Executive presence and ability to influence outcomes when identifying innovative opportunities, presenting plans and building support for improvement in processes.
- Strong leadership, collaboration, communication, interpersonal, analytical/problem-solving skills, decision-making and attention to detail.
- Strong project management skills and ability to navigate and resolve diverse and complex issues in imaginative and effective ways, including handling executive escalations.
- Work collaboratively with Reporting & Analytics function to ensure the right data and application configurations are available to support meaningful reporting & analytics.
In this role you will work within the Legal Operations Solutions and Tools team as a senior business partner, acting as a liaison between legal practice groups and IS&T, helping to translate the needs of the Practice Groups into tool and process requirements. You will participate in Practice Group meetings, interview clients, attorneys, staff and other partners to capture, synthesize and prioritize requirements in collaboration with IS&T and other implementers. Your role will be focused on understanding the client context and working collaboratively with key partners to drive relevant and impactful solutions. You will create and present legal solution proposals and business plans primarily focused on, but not limited to contract lifecycle management and workflow automation to leadership. You will deliver results by successfully implementing solutions to Practice Groups on the multi-year LGS transformation roadmap.
Education & Experience
BA or BS degree in business administration or technical discipline. Experience with Contract Lifecycle Management, Project/Program Management, Business Process Reengineering, Lean Six Sigma training preferred.