Engineering Project Manager
Austin , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Sep 13, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200282952
At Apple, we work every day to build products that enrich people's lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informational and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Our technology and services power advertising in Apple News and Search Ads in the App Store. Our platforms are highly performant, deployed at scale, and set new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy! The Ad Platforms EPM team is looking for a passionate and versatile iOS Engineering project manager with strong technical skills to support our iOS development and QA teams both for Search Ads and News. This role requires you to understand the big picture while also being able to dive into technical details to solve problems. This role will involve interaction with all aspects of engineering, marketing, legal, support and product release.
- 10+ years in project management, program management or product management
- Ability to identify and resolve conflicts, inter-dependencies and program issues quickly and efficiently
- Demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, written and verbal
- Great attention to detail
- Experience with managing complex projects
- Self motivated and pro-active
- Product release experience
- Understand and communicate complex, technical/Engineering issues
- Understand SW development and interest in user experience
- Familiarity with iOS and passion to learn more about it is a plus
- Maintaining various communication mediums, such as websites and status reports used to communicate goals, current focuses, and progress - Tracking issues related to the iOS Ad Platform projects and working with the team to determine solutions - Managing, tracking, and filtering internal bug reports using Apple's bug tracking database software - Interacting with all levels of engineers and managers - Negotiating the sequencing and timing of delivery with technology leadership, Product, and go-to-market teams. You have the ability to assess delivery risks, propose and take action on mitigations, and advance to the technology leadership team if needed - Ability to facilitate communication between cross-functional groups is critical - You must enjoy challenging and innovative projects and thrive in a fast-paced environment - Ability to facilitate decisions across multiple partners such as Product, engineering teams and other EPM - Able to articulate and weigh pros and cons of contending solutions, as it fits and aligns with overall Apple and Ad Platforms direction
Education & Experience
Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or related subject areas.