Human Factors engineer/UX researcher
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Sep 13, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200286082
Apple is looking for a Human Factors engineer/UX researcher to apply user-centered design principles to the design and development of Apple's health and wellness products. This role requires working at the intersection of many disciplines, on a variety of projects and with multiple partners. Curiosity to delve into new domains, the ability to learn from cross- functional, often highly technical partners and quick thinking are key. Ideal candidates are equally passionate about the user experience, health, and technology. They are technical, while also intuitively relating to the user with the ability to study, observe, and gain insight from user interactions.
- - Experience in interview techniques related to product usability
- - Experience in survey design, development and deployment
- - Experience working with unique populations (e.g. elderly, children, persons with disabilities)
- - Experience with biometric data systems (e.g. eye tracking, EEG, GSR)
- - Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, patience, and aesthetic sensibility
- - Expertise in creating robust experimental designs to understand users, product usability and the user experience
- - Ability to collect, synthesize, and communicate complex data with broad cross-functional teams and management
We believe some of your day to day activities will include below items. However there is no limit to what you can contribute at Apple. - Apply Human Factors Engineering (HFE) techniques and principles at all phases of product/technology development. Exercise independent judgment in development of study methodology, data collection efforts, data analysis, conclusions, and design recommendations. - Develop user study criteria and detailed methodology for UI/UX evaluations across several concurrent projects. Conduct user-centered research and evaluation for design concept models on a diverse user population utilizing experimental data, anthropometric databases, and scientific publications. - Conduct analysis of quantitative and/or qualitative data to provide clear and concise feedback to teams in a timely manner. Collaborate cross-functionally with design, engineering, and product development groups. - Maintain an active working knowledge of worldwide human factors publications, standards, and both cognitive & physical heuristics.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree required (Master's or doctorate preferred) with a concentration or extensive work in human factors, industrial engineering, cognitive engineering, human-computer interaction, or experimental psychology