Carrier Technologies Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Sep 9, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200274763
The Carrier Technologies Management team is seeking a hardworking individual with outstanding interpersonal skills and an exceptional technical knowledge of cellular technologies. Every person on our team makes a clear difference to the product. This is a phenomenal opportunity to work with iOS engineering teams to help drive and deliver the most innovative Apple wireless devices and iOS software features to customers on our operators' networks worldwide. This position entails frequent interaction with carriers, infra vendors, marketing, software engineering, hardware engineering and regulatory teams.
- Solid understanding of wireless technologies: UMTS, LTE, 5G-NR
- Experience with networking protocols and core network architecture
- Proven experience in C/C++ coding in POSIX or embedded environment
- Broad experience in overall system design, implementation, and software architectures
- Minimum of 8 years prior engineering experience working on phones or similar products that operate on cellular networks
- Experience working with vendors/partners
- Strong software program or project management experience
- Self-motivated and pro-active with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- System software release experience
- Willingness to travel as necessary
The primary responsibility of Carrier Technology Manager is use chipset, carrier and network infrastructure roadmaps to help internal software and hardware development teams align, plan and design new cellular features for upcoming products.
Education & Experience
BS EE/CS/CE or equivalent.