Creative Director, Cross-Product Content, Apple Values
Culver City , California , United States
Posted: Sep 14, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200285393
Imagine what you could make at Apple. Great ideas have a way of becoming innovative products, services, and customer experiences. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We conceptualize, design and create the content experiences for some of Apple's most visible products. Your ideas can impact the way people consume media products, what they look and feel like and how they're used by millions of people across the globe! We are searching for an elite Creative Director who is super collaborative; believing that extraordinary work happens when you work with other exceptionally smart people to get things done, but is also a true leader and used to navigating complex relationships and driving work with vision. We work with senior strategic, creative, product, editorial and business leaders to define and develop current and future, values driven, Apple media product experiences through a content lens.
- Fluency across graphic design, motion design, typography, photography and illustration with demonstrated mastery of Adobe Creative and iWork Suites
- Passion for cultivating relationships, leading mentoring creatives, and can use that rapport to align teams around a vision
- Experienced in developing and executing an editorial design strategy and has an advanced understanding of what makes content engaging and successful across platforms and audiences
- Deep understanding of the nuances of cultural identity, representation in media, media, and a passion for crafting experiences that connect to human values
- Author, and share ideas in a cogent and inspiring manner
- Experience creating and leading the output of editorial design product (e.g., Magazines, Digital Content, Journalism, etc.)
- Strong photographic sensibility; sourcing, art-buying, editing, re-touching or capturing
- Demonstrate command of visual and communication design principles
- Excellent communication, both verbal and nonverbal
- Experience developing prototypes for a variety of platforms and use cases; can rapidly prototype their ideas across a myriad of Apple devices, experiences and scenarios
- Proficiency in any of the following: motion, animation, sound design, mixing or editing
- A keen ability to create work under minimal supervision, as well as package and present solutions to the wider team. Quickly and beautifully.
- A fountain of ideas and creative thinking who can think and implement quickly, laterally, independently or collaboratively
- Collaborate with Creatives, Strategists, Project Managers, Business Owners and Executives to solve complex problems with simple solutions
- Have ability to work on a distributed team, across time zones, date lines and traditional routine
- You will champion and influence the development of ideas that connect human values with the values of the Apple brand through the experience of Apple media products and services
You'll have a deep abiding love for the visual cultures around media and keep up with the evolving landscape of media, technology, and art. A proven ability to deliver designs across different platforms is a must. We are searching for someone who has experience taking smart risks that drive culture, have an outstanding eye for detail, a keen sense of what matters, and a belief that they can make a big difference. This is a leadership role that requires collaboration across multiple design, business, and production teams. This person will manage and lead a team that will be responsible for creating original artwork in various formats that will appear on Apple Music, Apple TV, Apple Books, Apple News, Apple Podcasts, and Apple App Store.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- - Portfolio demonstrating proficiency in delivering strategic ideas across digital, social or static form factors.
- - 10+ years relevant design or creative leadership experience required; bonus for experience with publishing, magazines, or content creation/delivery
- - Clear and concise communication and organization skills
- - Passion for the Apple brand and relentless in preserving its authenticity