Operations Program Manager | Soft Goods
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Posted: Sep 16, 2021
Role Number: 200278449
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don't just build products - they create the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it NPI's are pivotal to the development and launch of Apple's products. A successful NPI is a natural leader and facilitator; is dynamic, driven, organized and detail oriented; excels in program/ project management; communicates with ease at all levels; thrives in an ambiguous environment and is adept at facilitating actions and resolving conflicts. Furthermore, this individual is the team leader within WW Operations and primary operations interface to the core product development team and other functional organizations within Apple. Overall mission is a successful product launch defined by meeting stated schedule, availability and customer experience goals.
- Be responsible for the end-to-end product lifecycle management of all SoftGoods FATP & sub-assemblies within Apple. Our product team specializes in soft materials such as leather, silicone, woven/knit fabrics etc. assembled into products such as iPhone cases, iPad keyboards, AppleWATCH bands, HomePod enclosure and many others.
- Lead Apple & Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) operations teams in planning and executing development builds & product ramp
- Coordinating & tracking readiness/risks all ramp requirements: Equipment, Materials, Facilities & Resources
- Lead operations communications, upward and downward through organization; escalate issues and present mitigation/solutions to cross-functional executive teams.
- Influence product manufacturability, testability, and supply chain responsiveness in pursuit of low cost and maximum flexibility with focus maintaining superior product quality expected of Apple.
- Communicate system requirements and schedules to facilitate technical readiness with cross-functional teams.
Requires 5+ years experience in NPI Operations Management, Supply Chain or Product/Program Management Results driven and detail oriented leadership experience required Strong written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present to management Ability to drive solutions across multiple cross-functional teams, and the supply chain Consolidate detailed and extensive cross-functional data into concise executive briefings Ability to travel up to 25% Technical expertise combined with in-factory OEM experience a plus
Education & Experience
BSME or other Technical Degree MBA Preferred