Program Manager, PMO, Cupertino
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Sales and Business Development
Posted: Sep 15, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200287800
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. This role would work in a range of capacities to manage major transformation programs in the global sales organization, from supporting strategic planning for multi-year technology roadmaps, portfolio management and program governance, to managing program progress, resource and budget tracking. You will play a key role in the fast paced delivery of key programs that are both cross-organization and highly visible. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to play a key role in delivery quality and change readiness. Prior program management experience in major global technology transformational programs is required. Salesforce PMO experience is preferred.
The PMO ensures that the global sales organization execute major technology programs efficiently and effectively. The role is part of the Worldwide Sales BPR (Business Process Re-engineering) team, working closely with the worldwide Sales leadership, Geo sales leadership, IS&T team, Finance team, Operations team, and external vendors such as system integrators. As a major focus , over the next few years, this role will be directly responsible for implementing a multi-year roadmap of the Salesforce platform.
- Minimum of 5+ years of first hand experience in managing cross functional, large scope, and highly integrated technology transformation programs.
- Familiarity to the Salesforce platform. Salesforce related program management experience preferred.
- Solid project leadership skills combined with strong business acumen and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail. Deep understanding of project, program and portfolio planning and delivery. Organised, with a natural inclination for both strategic and tactical planning and turn strategy into tangible deliverables.
- Sensitivity and good understanding of organisational issues and challenges. Knack for fostering positive relationships and ability to communicate at all organization levels.
- Expertise leading cross-functional workshops to drive consensus.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills, to audiences of varying seniority. Excellent active listening skills. Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Flexibility to work in ambiguous situations, highly matrix environments, and support cross program work-streams.
- Great teammate and able to work collaboratively with and through others. Ability to establish and maintain trust, credibility and build strong relationships.
- High level of professionalism, energy and sense of urgency to make things happen. Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere. Passionate about driving quality within a project organization.
Setting the standards and tools via which the sales transformation program teams complete their work. Driving, tracking and supporting the overall execution of the Salesforce transformation program. Creating and managing project plans; monitoring and reviewing project progress and timelines; adjusting schedules and plans as needed; ensure on time and on budget delivery of projects. Creating processes to ensure high quality delivery by internal teams and external vendors; that track back to the original statement of works (sow) and project plan. Establishing, leading and operating all governance committees and the associated management system which the cross functional teams utilize to stay aligned and collaborate internally. Engaging cross functional stakeholders. Establishing and maintaining trusted advisor relationships with stakeholders by providing vision and future product roadmapping. Building strong risk and issue management processes and associated deliverables to track issue management and risk mitigation. Tracking utilization of project resources and manage this against the resource allocation and budget. This includes on time entry and approvals for project timesheets. Managing relationship, contract, and budgets with multiple external vendors. Manage change orders raised by external vendors; including the disposition of the change order against the sow and other previous agreements. Facilitating cross functional teams to adopt Agile delivery methodology. Ensuring the execution of a standardized development lifecycle methodology based on Agile principles Participating in end to end implementation planning including project management, issue management, communication and change management. Creating and executing on a Salesforce technology sustainment model, including governance process to manage configuration versus customization. Establish processes for quantitatively tracking the success of the program, including but not limited to capabilities deployed, users deployed, user satisfaction, and level of customization.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree PMI/PMP certification preferred Six Sigma preferred Design Thinking preferred Agile, SCRUM & Salesforce certification (s) preferred