Kids & Family Business Lead - Apple TV+ Marketing
Culver City , California , United States
Posted: Sep 16, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200286999
Apple is seeking an experienced Kids and Family Business leader, with demonstrated experience in building world-class business strategies and campaigns, to join our growing TV+ marketing team. This person will take on development of the overarching marketing strategy of a growing and high-profile entertainment slate, as well as individual properties, while aligning to Apple's brand standards. The role will craft a clear and distinctive business positioning, creative strategy, and informed media approach that cross-functional teams can execute and collaborate upon. Success in this role is defined by rapidly growing our portfolio through partnerships to drive brand awareness, revenue, new acquisitions and brand conversation. It will serve as a key liaison between internal and external partners, acting as the central cross-functional contact across teams (Marketing, Consumer Products, Product, Social, Programming, Publicity, Synergy, Business Affairs, Legal) with a focus on handling workflow and integrated marketing strategies that drive buzz and viewership for Apple Originals around the world. This person should have an intimate knowledge and passion for the Kids and Family television and film landscape. As a highly visible role, it will be a key touchpoint with agencies and Creatives (show runners, creators), working closely with them to guide and communicate different facets of the business.
- 20+ years in consumer marketing and brand management roles, with direct responsibility for building business strategies, launching Kids and Family franchises, series or films
- Strong business development and/or sales background with a proven record of success in generating and increasing revenue, and long term value
- Able to identify new ways to build brands through licensing, to identify and create new brand partnerships
- Extensive knowledge and experience running robust portfolio of creatively led 360 campaigns, from business strategy to executing the tactics, both paid and organic, and delivering results
- Experience in creating brand partnerships, promotions, activations and integrations with internal teams or 3rd parties, including retail extensions, experiential opportunities, publishing, digital and gaming
- Build cross-functional collaboration and experiences across adjacent business teams, publicity, content producers and creators (filmmakers and show runners). Partner directly with talent, representation and creators to partner on campaigns.
- Knowledgable in developing media strategy and analytics (e.g. media mix decisioning, budgeting and forecasting, media pricing and budget optimization, return on investment, goals / measurement)
- Stellar executive written and verbal communication skills. Can present or document ideas simply, clearly, and in an objective manner across a range of partner perspectives -from creative to business/quantitative.
- Excellent organizational, scheduling, project management and multi-tasking skills with solid attention to detail.
- Inventive self starter, willing to roll up sleeves. Can lead, work independently, and collaborate with other team members in a highly matrixed organization.
Develop brand vision and strategic voice, based on the business plan, to create a visual identity for Apple TV+ as a Kids and Family destination, both on and off-platform across various channels. Determine go-to-market strategies for product segments including campaign objectives, segment positioning, communication priorities and key marketing initiatives. Research markets and categories to identify white space business opportunities and key areas of growth. Align with business units and influence key internal partners on recommended approach to long-term business investments, promotions, partnerships, and media strategy. Partner with Media team to develop brand and performance driven media plans that effectively promote the IP. Review business and merchandising plans as provided by prospective partners, external and internal partners, licensees, producers and show-runners/ filmmakers. Work closely with Creative teams to ensure materials are aligned with the overarching slate positioning and Apple brand. Prepare briefs, positioning and strategy materials for Kids shows/films; socializing campaign strategy and Creative with key partners (executive teams, programming, producers/creators, show-runners and filmmakers). Lead relevant meetings, develop campaign recaps and updates, using project documents (marketing trackers, timelines, status reports, budget review, etc.) to ensure execution against goals. Oversee business structure, including relevant team individuals, while leading complex, cross-functional initiatives. Anticipate resource and staffing needs, troubleshoot issues, and get necessary approvals. Prioritize resources, work outputs, and determine key deadlines & requirements to create and communicate realistic timelines for execution. Build process and workflows and incorporate technology solutions to improve how we work.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree or equivalent. MBA or relevant graduate work a plus.
- Ability to work across time-zones and cultures.
- Up to 20% travel.