Apple Home Product Systems QA Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Sep 25, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200290544
Would you like to work on a dynamic team that is all about delivering a quality experience on some of the world's most creative products? We are the Apple TV and HomePod Systems QA Team, and we are looking for a highly motivated, energetic, and experienced QA engineer with a passion for consumer electronics and technologies like Audio/Video, AirPlay, Wi-Fi, Precision Audio and Siri. You'll enjoy working on a team of diverse-minded Systems QA engineers as we take on new problems and help refine brand-new technologies for a simple and elegant user experience. You'll partner closely with the hardware teams as we develop the next generation of devices that seem almost magical. You'll also work with software engineering on planning for the new set of features that will take Apple TV and HomePod to the next level. You will be proud of your work through every step of the development cycle and will help make the products more flexible, reliable and easy to use. Come be a part of a team using creativity and innovation to test features that our customers love!
- Minimum of 3 years in a quality-focused role, preferably working on consumer electronics.
- Good understanding of QA methodologies, such as test planning, scheduling, and regression.
- Experience being responsible for the quality of a technical area and demonstrated understanding of how it works.
- Experience working with partners across different teams and organizations to clearly communicate status and raise critical issues.
- Ability to think analytically, reduce data sets, problem-solve, and innovate.
We validate new hardware and software features at the system level (the whole, integrated product). You will: - Design, document, and execute integrated-system tests (including functional, stress, and interoperability). - Own a functional area and represent its quality independently to other QA teams, developers, and project managers. - Report status on tests, projects, and innovation regularly. - Build automation tools to improve testing abilities. - Be a vocal proponent for quality, both internally and externally.
Education & Experience
- BS in CS/CE/EE or equivalent experience.