Product Manager, Apple Watch and Health
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Sep 24, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200291991
Apple Watch helps you stay connected, active and healthy! And with the deep integration with the Health app on iPhone, users are more empowered than ever to better manage their health. Join us and help take these products and features to the next level. We are looking for a highly motivated Product Marketing Manager to join our Apple Watch and Health Product Marketing team, focusing on software. As a Product Marketing Manager at Apple you will hold dual product management and product marketing responsibilities. We believe that the best person to communicate why a product is meaningful to consumers and developers is the same person that helps drive its creation. You'll be responsible for customer feedback, market trends, and competitor knowledge, and you'll work closely with Engineering and Design to define and develop future features and product enhancements. Additional responsibilities include outbound marketing, including product positioning and messaging, visual content, web marketing, and working with Apple's Marketing Communications and PR teams. To be successful in this role, you'll be excellent at managing cross-functional groups, and an effective written and verbal communicator. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming outstanding products, services and customer experiences very quickly. We believe that if you bring passion and dedication to your job, there's no telling what you can accomplish! If you are passionate about creating compelling products and stories, and ready to join an amazing team, we want to hear from you.
- 5-7 years' experience in product management and/or product marketing. Preferred experience in consumer healthcare, wearable, smartwatch, fitness and health, portable and/or wireless products or operating systems.
- Experience working closely with cross-functional teams including software engineering, design, PR, marketing communication, clinical, legal, and regulatory teams to define and launch compelling features for end users.
- Requires strong oral and written communication skills, as well as shown success as a product spokesperson with media on a national or global level.
- Expertise in advocating to upper management and external groups.
- Deep experience formulating product messaging and creating external facing marketing including keynote presentations and websites.
- Requires international and domestic travel.
Work in a global cross-functional team with engineering, design, public relations, marketing communications and others through the complete product development and launch cycle. Research the competitive landscape, investigate market trends, and understand user feedback to find opportunities to innovate and solve problems. Evaluate new technologies and make recommendations to pursue in future products. Collect global customer, developer, and channel requirements for future product development and influence product roadmap and priorities, managing tradeoffs involving features, schedule, and positioning. Collaborate with engineering, design, and other cross functional stakeholders during the development phase of the product. As the product champion, provide feedback on feature benefits and user experience to align with storytelling goals. Work with product marketing, marketing communications, and PR teams, along with a diverse group of other Apple employees, to successfully launch new products and updates. Define product positioning and key product messages. Drive all outbound marketing, including reviewing product documentation, keynote presentations, marketing materials, web content, sales training materials, user support and other product information to ensure consistent and clear positioning and messaging.
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree, MS/MA/MBA preferred.
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.