Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Sep 24, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200292085
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. The people here at Apple don't just build products - they craft the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries! Shipping, Receiving & Mail Services is a diverse and forward-thinking team that supports logistics activities in Santa Clara Valley. We're seeking a seasoned international shipping specialist to process outbound shipments while ensuring compliance with shipping regulations. If you have deep subject matter expertise in shipping, enjoy troubleshooting and collaboration, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, come and do your life's best work at Apple!
- 4 + years' experience in international shipping.
- Substantial understanding of shipping laws, import and export regulations, sanctions, and customs clearance.
- You apply knowledge and skills to assign ECCNs, Schedule B/HTS, and license codes; perform denied party screenings; and complete EEI filings.
- Skilled in processing shipping documentation, including commercial invoices and packing lists.
- Must have fluency with web-based shipping software of all major carriers, including FedEx, UPS, and DHL.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with the following: scheduling or calendar software, logistics tracking software-experience with BearTracks is a plus, database software, Numbers or Excel, and Pages or Word.
- Strong communication skills, with an ability to summarize and share relevant information in a clear and easy-to-understand way, across all levels. You skillfully communicate with customers, other subject matter experts, and leadership to develop trust and strong partnerships.
- Act with a sense of urgency and quickly respond to emails, texts, and phone calls in order to provide a high standard of service to customers and colleagues.
- Track record delivering high-quality results, with minimal direction, in an environment where expectations are high and timelines are challenging. You multi-task and establish priorities, including daily re-prioritization, and don't need to be reminded to follow-up and follow-through.
- Must be a proactive team player and problem solver who digs into the details to make positive contributions. Works collaboratively across all levels and has a sense of curiosity. Innovative, with a desire for continual process improvement.
- Work well under pressure and maintain self-composure and integrity. Exercise good judgment.
- Ability to perform the following types of physical activities: lift up to 35 pounds, push/pull to move equipment, bend/stoop/squat/kneel, and reach above shoulders.
- Must be comfortable working in a warehouse environment.
Your primary focus will be processing outgoing international and domestic shipments using Apple's web-based shipping tool in conjunction with carrier shipping software. You will create shipping documents and labels, submit filings, and update Apple's web-based shipping tool with tracking information. You will provide exceptional customer service by communicating quickly and efficiently with customers and your team. You will confirm shipment details for accuracy, follow Apple's procedures for processing shipments, remain current on new procedures and guidelines, and ensure that export and import requirements are met. Other responsibilities include contributing to the team's standard operating procedures, monitoring safety conditions, and various other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
Bachelor Degree (preferred) or equivalent work experience