Executive Group is a premiere manufacturer and installer of custom furniture, fixtures, and equipment for leading companies in the Hotel, Banking, and high-end Retail industries. Executive Group proudly calls Amsterdam, NY its home, having its own advanced, state-of-the-art Millwork Shop facility, as well as our continually growing Warehouse facility.
Executive Group is searching for experienced & professional Finishers who can sand, stain and prep hardwoods and wood veneers for finishing.
Position Summary: The Finisher will help to ensure that quality and production standards are met consistently:
- Brush, spray, or hand-rub finishing ingredients, such as paint, oil, stain, or wax, onto and into wood grain and apply lacquer or other sealers.
- Smooth, shape, and touch up surfaces to prepare them for finishing, using sandpaper, pumice stones, steel wool, chisels, sanders, or grinders.
- Fill and smooth cracks or depressions, remove marks and imperfections, using plastic or wood putty, and stain materials.
- Distress surfaces with woodworking tools or abrasives before staining to create an antique appearance, or rub surfaces to bring out highlights and shadings
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to initiate and complete projects with limited supervision.
- Ability to work and interact well with co-workers and other EG staff and vendors.
- Ability to follow verbal and/or written instructions.
- May include the ability to perform mathematical operations.
- Ability to exercise judgment and decisiveness.
Education and Experience Required:
Minimum 2 years’ experience
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $20.00 per hour based on experience
This job is located in Amsterdam, NY 12010. You must be currently able to reliably commute to work everyday, or you must be willing to relocate at your own expense so you can reliably commute.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Masks and Hand Sanitizer are available.
- Are you able to work Monday thru Thursday, 6am to 430pm?
- Are you able to work overtime on occasion if needed (come in early, stay late, work half day on Friday)?
- Are you able to reliably commute to work everyday?
- Are you willing to relocate at your own expense if necessary?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Architectural Millwork: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location