Monday, September 27, 2021
Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media
assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S.,
and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with
more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing
services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which
are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events
business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett is looking for a Payroll Specialist for a high paced and high volume organization. Gannett is a media and marketing solutions company with a diverse portfolio of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing companies. This is a great opportunity to learn and grow within a multi-billion-dollar organization.
The Payroll Specialist will work within a team of 10+ members processing a high volume and high paced weekly and bi-weekly payroll for over 12,000 employees (both union and non-union) nationwide and Canada. Engaging with HR, employees and managers to ensure time and maintenance are processed within tight deadlines. Processing payroll as the primary focus for accuracy and timeliness while incorporating regular audits to maintain payroll accuracy and data integrity as well. Special projects as assigned including continuous process review and improvement. This position will report to the Payroll Supervisor.
- Maintain accurate payroll records including day-to-day adjustments, gross to net calculations, and preparing off cycle checks using Dayforce HCM. Assist in balancing, auditing & reconciling payrolls
- Manage workflow to ensure all timecards and payroll transactions are processed timely and accurately
- Assist in payroll processing requiring knowledge of standard practices used in the preparation, distribution, and maintenance of payroll and payroll records
- Research payroll matters and effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with employees and other departments
- Assist in resolving issues associated with ACH reversals, stop payments, refunds, voids, and adjustments. Ensure proper documentation to the expedite reconciliation process
- Assist in quarterly & year-end preparation, W2 processing, including moving expenses & taxable benefit/wage processing
- Demonstrate and maintain a positive customer service focus to both internal and external customers
- Create and maintain relationships with employees, managers and HR Business Partners
- Maintain confidentiality relating to source documents, data and reports
- 2 - 3 years of high volume payroll processing experience
- FPC or CPP designation is a plus
- Ceridian Dayforce Experience is a plus
- Union Experience is a plus
- Proficient Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent attention to detail and data-entry accuracy required
- Understanding of U.S. payroll and tax processes
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast-paced atmosphere
- Ability to adapt to change with positivity, focus and professionalism
- Strong time management, problem solving and decision-making abilities
Gannett Co., Inc.is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Finance & Accounting