The Vice President/Chief Marketing and Communications Officer (CMCO) at Luminis Health will provide strategic direction to direct reports and external resources to ensure all work product is within Luminis Health brand standards, and all messaging is within campaign parameters or reflects Luminis Health strategic objectives. The incumbent will craft messages and promotional content that positively impact the utilization of services and increase market share.
The CMCO will lead the effort to promote Luminis Health as a source of thought leadership in the health care industry in Maryland and nationally. The incumbent will ensure the protection of the good will and community identity of Luminis Health and improve it over time amongst multiple stakeholder groups by driving appropriate media placement, speaking engagements, and delivering media-worthy content.
The CMCO is accountable for ensuring effective collaboration and coordination across stakeholders to achieve all relevant marketing, and strategic communication goals. The incumbent leads the team and manages their individual development, skills and knowledge to achieve strategic communications, marketing, and professional goals. The incumbent develops and implements replicable and reliable processes across the team. Further, the incumbent will nurture productive and rewarding external and internal relationships.
The CMCO participates at the operations level with the Luminis Health leadership and contributes to the development of the System's mission, strategic plans, budgets, resource allocation, operational plans and policies. The incumbent ensures the achievement of short and long-range goals and implementation of basic operational strategies within the framework provided by the Chief Executive Officer, Luminis Health.
Reports to: Luminis Health Chief Executive Officer
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works directly with the CEO and the President's Cabinet on both internal and external communications to key stakeholders, customers, providers and partners.
- Champions the Luminis Health brand, adhering to brand guidelines for all communications.
- Works with CEO and members of the President's Cabinet to accelerate the deployment of the Luminis Health brand and visual identity, maintaining close alignment with Luminis Health's Mission, Vision and Values.
- Oversees the development and operations of a progressive web site and on-line presence that enhances the mission and business strategy of Luminis Health.
- Works with clinical and service line leaders to build relations with physicians and market Luminis Health services and programs and participates in the overall establishment of new medical practices.
- Develops, manages, and executes results-driven internal communication campaigns
- Incorporate Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion principles into communications to all stakeholders as appropriate. Collaborates with VP of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion to ensure continued adherence to best practices in that ambit.
- Oversees advertising agency, vendors and other contractors to ensure that major campaigns, advertising and other subcontracted requests meet Luminis Health's strategic and operating plans. Ensures the highest quality standards, sound financial decision-making, and appropriate stakeholder review and approval.
- Develops and implements budgets for departmental needs as well as marketing budgets and plans for Luminis Health Clinical Enterprise and physician practices.
- Provides marketing analysis reports to management and medical staff.
- Participates on various committees and provides marketing and communications thought leadership to multi-disciplinary initiatives at Luminis Health.
- Creates departmental metrics reporting and uses evidence-based practices to measure the success and improve outcomes of campaigns. Optimizes the return on investment for every campaign dollar spent.
- Oversees project tracking systems and checklists to ensure consistency and communicate project management milestones. Addresses budget, cost accounting and tracking of expenses to ensure fiscal stewardship.
- Accountable for the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards, and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Partners with Human Resources, Foundations, and other community-facing departments to ensure brand consistency.
- Other duties as assigned.
The CMCO must have a history of success working in a highly matrixed organization recognizing that this is a requirement to be an effective member of the leadership team at Luminis Health.
- Presidents AAMC, DCMC, LHCE
- Chief Nursing Officers: AAMC, DCMC
- Chief Medical Officers: AAMC, DCMC
- Clinical Chairs
- Service Line leadership
- Chief Financial Officer
- General Counsel & Chief Legal Officer
- Chief Human Resources Officer
- Chief Information Officer
- Foundations leadership
The CMCO will serve as an exemplar of Luminis Health leadership, which includes team leadership, change leadership, and business leadership (TCB).
- Demonstrates and encourages collaboration and teamwork to achieve goals.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with people inside and outside the system.
- Role models self-wellbeing; supports organization efforts to encourage employee wellbeing.
- Seeks opportunities to be present and visible in the organization.
- Champions change through the system; anticipates the need for change and develops and supports strategies to obtain the desired outcomes.
- Has knowledge of the local and national healthcare environment and advises on the appropriate strategies to achieve success in Luminis Health market.
- Demonstrates innovative and creative approaches to work.
- Establishes high expectations for continuous learning, performance improvement and sustainable growth.
- Demonstrates good business judgment and strategic insight.
- Operates with a high level of urgency.
- Effectively uses data and analytics to drive decision marking.
- Advances Luminis Health business interests while ensuring compliance with all laws and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in communication, marketing, journalism, or another related field
- Master's degree in communication, marketing, journalism, or business administration preferred
- Minimum of seven years of public relations, marketing, journalism, or related experience
- Ten or more years of public relations, marketing, journalism, or related experience preferred
- Minimum seven years supervisory experience in a hospital or healthcare system setting
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to bloodborne pathogens.
Physical Demands - Light Work
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.