Sodexo is committed to providing working conditions and client services that are safe and healthy and will follow all applicable COVID-19 prevention measures, including state/local or client-mandated mask, testing and/or vaccine requirements.
Work for a company that cares for its people and offers opportunities for personal growth.
Sodexo Senior Living is seeking a Food Operations Manager for its operations at Bristol Glen, a large continuing care retirement community located in Newton, New Jersey. Bristol Glen, part of the United Methodist Communities, offers fully independent living with access to assisted living services. This Food Operations Manager will oversee the food service operations for up to 5 areas, dining rooms and catering. The Food Operations Manager will report to the General Manager and manage multiple departments with approximately 65 hourly employees. Typical shift will vary with every other weekend coverage.
The successful candidate will:
- assist the Dietary Director with the oversight of day-to-day dining and culinary operations;
- interface closely and daily with residents, client executive level leadership and client board members;
- assist with controling and ensuring company and client financial targets and goals are achieved;
- ensure that the highest possible standards of food handling and preparation are achieved.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have the ability to develop trust and build strong client relationships while meeting the expectation of the client as well as Sodexo;
- are experienced in supervising a food service team and exceptional human resource and supervisory/management skillset;
- have exceptional professional communication skills;
- have a hands-on, innovative leadership approach to management;
- are passionate for a high level customer service and are relationship oriented;
- able to work independently and make sound business decisions within company guidelines and manage multiple priorities;
- possess financial acumen and experience managing a food service operations budget;
- are experts in compliance to food safety, sanitation and overall workplace safety standards.
Learn more about Bristol Glen
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts. Click here for more information about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry