Human Resource Manager needed in Portsmouth, NH
Sodexo has a unique opportunity for an HR Manager to work at Portsmouth Regional Hospital. This position would be working three days a week at the Portsmouth location and one day a week at Parkland facility in Derry, NH for a total of 32hrs a week. The HR Manager will support and offer guidance to managers and hourly staff, training and development, on-boarding of hourly staff, support with reviews, and work with on-site HR at the hospital with any issues that occur.
The ideal candidate will have the following preferred experience/skills:
- At least 3-5 years of Human Resources experience with a heavy emphasis on Employee Relations
- Experience resolving complex Employee Relations issues highly preferred
- Demonstrated experience conducting HR investigations preferred; handling claims of Harassment and other employment matters highly desired
- Prior experience with supporting a decentralized business, the ability to influence managers, strong negotiation skills, and the ability to work independently are all key to this position
- Must be able to work in a team setting with the ability to collaborate and partner with another HR professional to provide consistent support to our field operations
- This is a unique opportunity for someone desiring to work in the HR field, but not in a Full Time capacity
- Bi-lingual skills in English and Spanish are highly desired
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance ... every day.
Handles human resource functions and administration for single unit/account. May include payroll, benefits, training, employee relations, recruiting, safety, etc. Position focuses on hourly workforce.
- Respond to inquiries regarding HR plans, programs & policies. Education managers and employees on policies and procedures. Assist in developing and implementing new policies and procedures. Knowledge of and oversees all Federal, State and Local laws regarding human resources.
- Investigate and resolve employee issues and recommend resolutions, based on policy, as appropriate. Involve those necessary based on incidents; HR People Center, legal, etc. If applicable, management of union employees; understanding of all contract rules/policies and management of arbitration. Involvement of contract negotiations.
- Provide direction to managers and employees on implementation of HR plans, programs, policies, and training. Act as the primary consultant on various HR initiatives.
- Serve as the HR consultant and work with operations to positively impact business.
- Perform due diligence for new business initiatives to determine the appropriate HR plans, programs, process, and tools (including compensation, benefits, leadership, staffing, diversity & inclusion) based on financial and legal exposure.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 1 year of HR experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.