Success is yours when you collaborate and work hard in our team-based culture.
**RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE**
Sodexo is seeking a Retail Manager for Simpson Colleget in Indianola, IA. The picturesque main campus sits on 85 tree-shaded acres in Indianola, 12 miles south of the state capital of Des Moines and is consistently ranked among the top liberal arts colleges in the country according to US News & World Report.
As a Retail Manager, you will be responsible for all the daily food operations for multiple Food Retail concepts. Responsibilities will include: cash handling/management; marketing/ signage; training and scheduling; ensuring proper operating standards; ordering; safety audits; and direct customer interaction.
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations in multiple Food Retail venues.
- deliver high quality food service while engaging with students;
- be a hands-on leader, team player;
- provide excellent customer service - leading a team while maintaining a clean, safe environment;
- lead frontline teams, mentoring them in accurate cash handling, operations, open and closing processes; and
- train and manage department HACCP Safety Programs, Sodexo programs and daily operation standards.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- have at least 2-3 years food management experience with a focus on front of the house retail operations, catering/banquet management experience is a plus;
- has strong understanding of POS systems, cash handling management and computer software
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and/or
- have prior experience promoting national brands in a campus environment; and
- demonstrate proven client relationship and customer service skills.
Learn more about Simpson College at https://simpson.edu/
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management and Retail Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Retail Management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.