Join our Snohomish County Human Services Team!
We have (1) full-time seasonal position with no medical benefits open in the Energy Assistance Program of our Housing and Community Services Division.
This position will work 100% with the Energy Assistance Program. This is a 6-month seasonal assignment. The candidate selected may be able to stay longer in the position based on the needs of the program.
This position requires working in the office 2-3 days per week and 2-3 days remotely per week. Looking for a dynamic individual with excellent math skills, ability to determine income and program eligibility, work in a fast-paced environment, and work with a very diverse population.
This individual must have high-speed internet, a private office space when working remote and the ability to redirect communication professionally when encountering disgruntled customers and be able to consistently retain program-related information as expected for this position.
NOTE: Any references to to weatherization tasks or acquiring certifications in this notice are not applicable to this position.
To interview low income clients and establish their eligibility for grant funded energy and weatherization programs. Process necessary documents for compliance with regulations.
STATEMENT OF ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Assists clients in person and on the telephone in correctly completing forms; reviews forms for accuracy; requests additional information as needed; calculates eligibility and answers questions regarding eligibility.
- Answers telephone; respond to questions or routes calls to correct party.
- Reviews client files to ensure that all documents are signed and completed per contract compliance.
- Provides information and referral to Community Service Agencies.
- Enters information on the computer in specialized format, including application, program or financial data.
- Receives and routes incoming mail; may deliver mail to Post Office and maintain mail log.
STATEMENT OF OTHER JOB DUTIES
- Provides client training in Energy Conservation.
- Assists client in budget counseling.
- Schedules phone interviews; assists elderly, handicapped and homebound clients with their eligibility.
- Assists with appointment scheduling.
- Performs related duties as required.
One (1) year of experience in Energy/Weatherization programs performing a variety of office work, interviewing and computer experience; OR, any equivalent combination of training and/or experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities. LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program experience preferred. Must pass job related tests.
LIHEAP Energy Assistance Program experience preferred.
A valid Washington State Driver's License is required for employment.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- computers, data entry and standard software programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- standard office practices and procedures and all related office work
- standard human service client protocol including interview techniques, client confidentiality requirements, and professional conduct
- perform mathematical computations
- communicate effectively with a diverse population
- learn and retain a complex series of rules and regulations to determine eligibility and benefits
- explain complex rules, policies and procedures in a concise easy to understand manner
- read, interpret and enter data accurately and rapidly
- maintain an organized work setting, tracking forms and applications
- work with minimum supervision in a fast paced setting meeting deadlines while coping with distractions and interruptions
- accurately follow oral and written instructions
- maintain accurate records and prepare required reports
- maintain a professional demeanor while exercising good judgment
Employees receive direction from a technical Lead Energy & Weatherization Assistant III, and supervision from a Human Services Specialist III or administrator as assigned. Objectives, priorities and goals/deadlines are established by the supervisor. Employees plan and carry out successive steps and resolve problems in accordance with instructions, policies and accepted practices.
The work is performed in the usual office environment with occasional field work when assisting clients.
Snohomish County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Accommodations for individuals with disabilities are provided upon request.