Technical Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Posted: Sep 28, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200290996
At Apple we don't just craft products - we build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of our people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it! As Technical Program Manager for our HW engineering team within the AppleCare organization, you will be responsible for cross-functional program deliverables, schedules, and scope spanning factory, hardware development, software readiness, etc. Our program managers are technically accomplished, organized, personable, and driven, going deep into technical intricacies as partners with multi-disciplinary engineering teams, software and hardware teams, quality & safety teams, vendors and contractors. With your proven experience, you will help drive the conceptualization, design, and execution of the program, as well as recognize, assess, and communicate cross-functional issues and risks. You are a creative problem-solver with sound reasoning, assessments, and actions.
- 5 -10 years of industry work experience as a project/program manager in any of the following areas: Operations, HW/SW Engineering, New Products, Supply Chain Management, Customer Support, Product Development or Service/Operations Engineering.
- Ability to deep dive into technical issues
- Outstanding communication, organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking skills
- Understand and effectively manage rapid development cycles; able to remain flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of product development processes
- Detailed project tracking and track record of meeting timelines
- Experience partnering with cross-functional engineering and integration
Lead multi-functional development of program scope, deliverables, time line, and execution including Hardware and Software readiness. Partner with a SW architect to lead systems & software changes impacting iOS, FDR, Core OS, JMET, etc. - Prepare presentations illustrating project intentions - Coordinate program reviews; communicating project status and top engineering issues to project team and management - Understand and communicate complex, technical, engineering issues - Lead design reviews and approve design milestones and criteria - Coordinate design process to ensure design meets intended project goals - Ensure tight inter-team coordination/communication and end-to-end visibility
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in engineering is required. MBA is preferred.