Senior Software Engineer - Strategic Data Solutions
Sacramento , California , United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Posted: Sep 28, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200290622
Do you want to join a team that is critical to the success of Apple? Become a part of the responsibility for the data collection, processing, analyzing and reporting for all of Apple's hardware products around the world. We shape the next generation of manufacturing at Apple by working on cutting-edge technologies and collaborating with talented teams across the company. Our systems enable many teams at Apple, including but not limited to engineering and operations teams, to build the next ground breaking products. You'll be joining our diverse and hardworking team to summarize, simplify, and solve complex problems in our global ecosystem. We advance technology by relying on each other's strengths and skills to build something bigger than ourselves. For this reason, team culture is central to our values. We value social skills and integrity as much as technical craft. We are looking for extraordinary engineer with experience building large-scale data platforms, analytic tools and solutions which can help take our environment to the next level. Do you excel in a high-demand setting and exceed expectations, in an environment that requires time-management? The right person will prioritize tasks and complete assignments ahead of schedule. While being a great standout colleague, you will also work independently.
- 5+ years of work experience in Java, Scala, Python or equivalent programming language.
- 5+ years of work experience in software engineering or data engineering involving full software development lifecycle.
- Fundamental grasp of computer science foundations including data structures and algorithms
- You are a creative problem solver with meticulous attention to details!
- Hands-on experience with design and development in the Big Data and NoSQL technologies; such as Hadoop, HDFS, S3, HBase, Cassandra, Hive, and Elastic Search.
- Experience in developing batch and streaming Spark applications is needed.
- Experience in handling architectural and design considerations such as performance, scalability, reusability and flexibility issues.
- Confirmed understanding of design and development of large scale, high throughput and low latency applications is a plus.
- Proven technical leadership and communication skills.
- You possess strong aptitude and ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Understanding of standard methodologies in Cloud technologies like AWS is a plus.
- Active contributions to open source projects is a plus.
As a member of a multi-functional team, you'll have the opportunity to solve challenging software engineering problems across a broad range of Apple manufacturing services.
Provide Support for both Analytics and Operational Platforms
Develop applications to answer complex analytical and real-time operational questions
Work with external teams to drive the development of infrastructure needs
Help design, architect and build the data platform while using a variety of Big Data technologies
Innovate by exploring, recommending, benchmarking, and implementing data centric platform technologies
Recognize opportunities for automation and tools improvements
Technical leadership with a focus on increasing software development maturity and skills across the team
You will also be working closely with DevOps, infrastructure, network, partner experience, project management office, and business partners across Apple.
You flex your communication style to meet the needs of diverse partners
To solve complex engineering problems, you rely on your teams diverse experience, background and perspectives, and help others grow with you.
Education & Experience
B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent