Algorithm Development Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Sep 28, 2021
Role Number: 200290117
Apple's Display Group is seeking an experienced and talented computer vision and machine learning R&D engineer to join their team. The Display Group develops both exploratory and targeted algorithms for Apple's future exciting products in a dynamic small team environment. The position involves development of image based machine learning classifiers using both supervised and un-supervised learning classifiers. The position also involves development of sophisticated image processing algorithms. As a researcher and software R&D engineer you will develop cutting-edge algorithms to enable current and future Apple products. We are looking for people with backgrounds in computer vision, defect detection, CD/Overlay and machine learning classifiers.
- Solid foundation in computer vision and machine learning with 5+ years of relevant experience
- Passion for working on cutting edge technologies and product delivery
- Solid C/C++ skills
- Solid experience in at least one major machine learning framework: Caffe, TensorFlow, Torch, Theano, Keras, TuriCreate.
- Experience in signal processing, computer vision or optical inspection a plus.
- Proficiency and experience in one or more of these languages are highly desirable: Python, Matlab, Objective-C, Swift, GPGPU (Cuda/OpenCL/Metal)
- Excellent understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Thrives under pressure, able to work in a dynamic, fast paced and ambiguous environment
- Team player with excellent communication skills
Develop and apply machine learning classifiers for killer vs non-killer defects using supervised and un-supervised learning classifiers. Develop and apply CD/Overlay measurement tools to validate registration of given sets of features on patterned background Develop and apply detection algorithms Collaborate with cross functional teams across Apple Responsibility for all development cycle: from the early stages of definitions and planning, through the research stage, algorithm & solution design, implementation in code and unit testing
Education & Experience
Preferred MsC or PhD degree in Mathematics, Computer vision with focus on machine learning