Lead Data Scientist - Austin
Austin , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Sep 27, 2021
Role Number: 200293073
At Apple ensuring our customers can trust our services and software and are safe and secure is critical. We are is seeking an expert Data Scientist who is passionate about motivating change through the intersection of data and Trust & Safety.
- Ability to translate data insights into a clear and compelling narrative with practical outcomes. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Works well with a team, able to build new relationships and lead by influence. This role requires advocating for change with a variety of teams across Apple.
- Demonstrated ability to take on projects with a sense of ownership and entrepreneurial approach. Owning data science areas such from analytics roadmap and prioritization to definition of KPIs and developing new ways of understanding customer feature engagement.
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst. Strong proficiency with big data technologies (e.g. SQL, Spark, Python). Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau a plus.
- Experience in experimentation design, A/B testing, propensity score analysis, linear regression and/or probabilistic modeling.
- Experience in the iOS apps domain and/or the trust and safety, fraud and abuse space are a plus.
This role in a centralized data science team for Apple Services and involve: Working with internet-scale data across numerous customer touch points, undertaking in-depth quantitative analysis, and delivering impactful data products that drive key Trust & Safety decisions. Develop a deep quantitive understanding of customer engagement with product features around Trust & Safety, helping inform future product iterations and strategy. Collaborating with cross functional teams on analyzing emerging Trust & Safety issues, providing rich analytics on sophisticated, high-visibility cases and projects. Help inform future policy through deep analytic insights and modeling potential policy impacts. Prototyping new signals for measuring, monitoring and proactively detecting Trust & Safety issues. Provide expertise on trust and safety-related issues and communicate key initiatives across the company.
Education & Experience
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education/experience.