Carrier Account Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Sep 27, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200286856
The people here at Apple don't just build products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. You will join the Wireless Software Engineering team and drive innovation that matters. If you're passionate about cellular and wireless technology, we may have the job for you. The Carrier Account Manager (CAM) is charged with taking Apple products through technical approvals with wireless carriers. The CAM's are the authoritative advisors for wireless engineering matters and responsible for all day-to-day technical support and engineering solutions with their carriers. Besides making the technical extension between carriers and our development and testing teams, you will collaborate with multi-functional teams including Sales and Marketing.
- Proven track record working on phones or similar products that operate on cellular networks.
- Minimum of 8 years direct experience working with one or more carriers to enable cellular devices and services.
- Experience and understanding of wireless RATs and protocols such as IMS, 5G, LTE, 3G, VoLTE, WiFi Calling.
- Deep understanding of network cellular features and familiarity with current deployments across carrier networks.
- Handling critical issues and taking care of executive level interfaces at carrier side.
- Program/project management experience delivering sophisticated technical projects.
- Ability to establish relationships multi-functional with both internal and external teams.
- Strong issue tracking/management abilities
- Knowledge and meaningful experience with device certification requirements from wireless carriers.
- Ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving outstanding quality
- You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
Opportunity to be responsible for owning the technical relationship with carriers in the North America market. Ability to ensure carrier requirements are accurately translated to internal teams. You will be responsible for the investigation of carrier issues and partner closely with carrier personnel and our wireless development teams to prioritize and resolve issues. You will act as the first level interface for carrier technical requests to reduce overhead on the R&D teams. You will report project status, prioritize tasks and raise meaningful issues to senior management. You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
Education & Experience
Bachelor/Master Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science or proven experience.
- Technical knowledge of industry standards and telecommunications market.
- Basic understanding of VoLTE (Voice over LTE) and WiFi Calling technologies.
- Intimate knowledge of standard development organizations and industry forums.
- Experience with cellular device log analysis is a plus
- Familiarity with Wi-Fi communications systems. Able to work independently.
- Able to travel internationally.