Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
The Facility Engineer Analyst is responsible for the development of necessary design, documentation, and management of interior design projects including furniture layout and selection, finishes and material selections. The position requires coordination with various consultants and contractors. The ideal candidate will bring a strong design sense to the position and must have a thorough knowledge of building construction and project management. The essential functions listed support the coordination, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of the Global Workplaces Services facilities related programs for the Milwaukee Headquarters, Mequon and various worldwide locations.
- Independently scope and develop interior architectural or furniture projects of many types of size, cost, and complexity.
- Provide project management skills on a range of construction, remodeling, renovation, and maintenance projects.
- Provide in-house full-service interior design on projects as assigned where there is no consulting interior designer.
- Direct and oversee the work of special consultants on design options and interior design solutions for projects as assigned (i.e. furniture dealers, lighting consultant, graphic design consultants, etc.)
- Process and expedite furniture work order requests and maintain related documentation. Manage furniture team deadlines and conduct weekly status meetings.
- Coordinate moves, adds and changes for offices and workstation areas.
- Conduct meetings and presentations with internal stakeholders to ensure proper project coordination including time management, product, and finish selections.
- Consult with various architectural and engineering firms on project designs as needed.
- Conduct meetings and presentations with internal stakeholders to ensure proper project coordination including time management, budget, product, and finish selections.
- Maintain an updated and detailed understanding of all ongoing capital projects, including overall timelines, funding sources, and impacts on annual capital spending budgets.
- Assists project managers and engineers in resolving financial issues and works with project offices on process improvement.
- Create, document, submit and track contract agreements, change orders, and purchase orders.
- Conduct periodic space audits to determine space needs and priorities. Maintain accuracy of the space inventory data by utilizing the space information management system (Archibus).
- Assist worldwide Rockwell facilities with projects as needed.
- Assist in development and achievement of departmental goals and objectives in support of the mission, vision, and values of Rockwell Automation.
- Has accountability for meeting commitments and deadlines. Monitors progress and redirects efforts when goals are not being met.
- Demonstrates strong time management skills, ability to prioritize, and pays attention to detail.
- Responds with urgency to internal/external customer needs and works to resolve customer problems quickly through follow-up and professional communication.
- Demonstrates sound business ethics; shows consistency among principles, values, and behavior; builds trust with others through own authenticity and follow-through on commitments.
- Proactively communicates with immediate supervisor, managers, personnel; provides timely updates and relevant information to other stakeholders as needed.
- Engages others to seek assistance and buy in, as necessary.
- Resilient, positive disposition, with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- A minimum of five years of related job experience preferably in an Architecture Firm, Interior Design Firm, and/or in Facilities Management, Design/Construction Management of Corporate Offices.
- Professional degree (Master or Bachelor) in Architecture or Interior Design from an accredited program.
- Must be proficient with AutoCAD.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications, including MS Project.
- Working knowledge of building codes and federal ADA requirements.
- Strong communication skills and a team-oriented style are deemed important for this role.
- A self-starter with developed observation skills, solid writing and speaking skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with various levels of the organization.
- Experience with Archibus and SAP.
- LEED accreditation.
- Experience with Photoshop and Sketch-up.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).