Location: Indianapolis - Indiana
The Senior Automation Controls Engineer serves as a main point of contact for Rockwell Automation's customers and serves as company liaison with customers on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects.
Rockwell's Field Support Engineer's are responsible for effectively providing services to support the on-site installation, start-up, maintenance, and operation of automation control systems & advanced manufacturing software applications, drive systems, manufacturing systems, industrial networks and the individual products which comprise these systems.
- Provide customer support through the performance of installation, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of Rockwell equipment and systems.
- Program PLCs and HMIs systems for new or modified equipment utilizing RSLogix 5, 500, 5000, FactoryTalk Studio software, Studio5000, ControlLogix and CompactLogix.
- Troubleshoot problems, identify, and implement new or amended system functionality, identify operational process gaps, and take corrective actions.
- Recommend and initiate modifications or replacement of equipment, which fail to meet operating standards.
- Execute initiatives supporting our automation strategy, manage operating workflows and progress continuous improvement opportunities.
- Perform project management function for customer projects including needs identification, scheduling, tracking, and reporting.
- Develop and write documentation as required (validation project plans, standard operating procedures, qualification summary reports, system audits, technical reports, traceability matrix, etc.).
- Communicate with Rockwell Automation and customer management regarding project details.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with 5+ years of directly related experience
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to travel throughout the region/assigned territory, with flexibility to work overtime, and weekends, as required
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future. Rockwell Automation will not offer sponsorship for this position
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).