Location: Twinsburg - Ohio
Job Description Summary
Directs the development and implementation of activities in production area(s) to meet production goals, quality, and cost objectives. Prioritizes production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, and materials supply. Plans and administers procedures and budgets. Makes budgetary recommendations regarding and, at higher levels, controls capital expenditures and direct/indirect labor. Develops schedules and personnel requirements for assigned areas. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
The purpose of the Production Manager is to provide leadership and coaching, manage daily manufacturing operations, and drive Safety, Quality, Delivery, Productivity & Cost Improvements that will add value to our Customers and the Company at the Twinsburg facility.
- Drive policy deployment for area including KPI charts, action plans and countermeasures. Coordinate operations and maintenance support for the Value Stream.
- Coordinate Value Stream efficiency and improvement activities.
- Support, use and promote the Rockwell Operating System (ROS) and Lean Manufacturing concepts to drive continuous improvement through Kaizen Develop and monitor operational budget for Value Stream.
- Lead and monitor projects to improve Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, Productivity, and Cost.
- Lead 5S initiatives to improve department environment and efficiency.
- Responsible for developing Value Stream strategy/metrics and implementation of related manufacturing strategies
- Operational leadership including successful Lean implementation resulting in productivity gains. Meets with the Value Stream Leaders regularly, reflecting on problems, solutions, and challenges, thereby creating a culture of continuous improvement and contributing towards becoming a learning organization.
- Leads the Value Stream in daily operations and continuous improvements which include but are not limited to: supply chain production control, establishing manufacturing priorities, coordination of activities with off-shift management and order shipments.
- Emphasizes the creation of continuous product flow, utilize pull systems where flow is not currently possible, and works to level the workload.
- Creates the basis for continuous improvement and employee empowerment by ensuring that standardized work/processes are followed, countermeasures implemented and the area is compliant with safety requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- A minimum of five years of major professional accomplishments, including increasing responsibility and leadership of projects and teams of considerable size, scope, and complexity.
- A minimum of five year's manufacturing management experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).