Location: Ladysmith - Wisconsin
This exciting opportunity develops and implements production control functions including: master scheduling, production planning/coordination, shop scheduling and dispatching, material requirements, planning systems, work-in-process tracking, material and labor variance controls, and manufacturing performance reporting. Approves quantities, schedules and parts lists provided to the material control organization to ensure timely and complete ordering, as well as receipt and issuance of production material requirements. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
RESPONSIBLITIES and ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain and implement the materials plan supporting the master production schedule in accordance with actual customer demand.
- Apply advanced knowledge of materials, production planning and supply chain management as well as draw upon substantial experience to identify and/or solve highly complex business problems.
- Actively reduce inventory through advanced analytics while maintaining customer service in a complex and dynamic production environment including final and electronic assembly.
- Contribute to the development of strategic plans within the primary functional areas. Implement or assist in the implementation of strategic plans developed for the plants functional areas.
- Pursue long-term corrective actions from suppliers who exhibit quality or delivery problems by partnering with Purchasing and Sourcing.
- Develop goals/targets for all direct reports and regularly provide feedback on progress towards those goals.
- Opportunities and/or additional job responsibilities to acquire and app
- Act as a positive role model by taking proactive role in improving processes through training/teaching/coaching production and inventory control concepts and procedures.
- Possess a solid knowledge of the day-to-day manufacturing operations and be able to translate that into operational plans.
- Demonstrate systemic thinking and thought leadership to solve complex problems in a dynamic manufacturing landscape.
- Support risk management that promotes a continuous process improvement philosophy.
- Possess a solid working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing.
- Plan and direct the efforts of assigned staff. Provide necessary training and leadership to develop expertise in inventory management.
- Demonstrates awareness of one's capabilities and development needs
- Bachelor's degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Engineering or Business is preferred.
- Experience in managing direct reports
- Experience working in a manufacturing industry with a production component is needed.
- CPIM, CIRM, CPP, APICS certification or equivalent is preferred
- 3+ year experience within a production/inventory control/planning environment is required.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems (SAP) is essential.
- Demonstrated high proficiency of computer skills including working knowledge of Excel, Word, and SAP.
- Demonstrated analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Effective working independently or in a team environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).