S/4HANA Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Posted: Sep 29, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200292417
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. We are looking for an individual that understands the importance of business architecture and solution design for complex problems in Supply Chain. Are you a strategic problem solver who excels at tactical execution? Do you love to solve problems and have an uncanny knack for process optimization and transformation? As part of our Worldwide Operations Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) group, you will be responsible for implementing strategies, tools and processes that enable the business to grow, increase efficiencies, and drive innovation while improving customer experience. These solutions are typically new technical capabilities and/or the transformation of business processes to support a continuously evolving supply chain. You will be driving key initiatives that support a broad, cohesive operations supply chain strategy. Most importantly, you will be free to innovate, challenge the norms and drive transformation.
- - Experience with Operations and various Supply Chain functions (Quote to Cash, Procure to Pay, Make to Deliver, Inventory management, and Reverse Logistics
- - Led transformation projects in Quote to Cash, Supply Chain Enablement, Customer / Vendor / Material Master, Security and roles, etc.
- - Has lead efforts in solutions designing across various functions - that is scalable, stable, and efficient with a focus on customer / business voice
- - Has lead teams and change management strategies in driving process improvement projects
- - Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain trust, credibility and build strong relationships
- - As leader in transformation projects, influence others and move toward a common vision or goal, including leading cross-functional workshops to drive consensus
- - 8+ years of demonstrated competence in functional design and architecture in SAP
- - 12+ years experience in designing and implementing SAP solutions in Retail, consumer, High Tech companies focused on supply, demand planning, eCommerce, Q2C, Logistics Execution, warehouse and transportation management, payments processes, financial and manufacturing
- - Strong communication and presentation skills, flexible, open working style and an ability to establish trust and credibility quickly
- - Self-motivated individual who thrives working in a global, matrix, fast-paced environment
- - Experience working on projects with teams based outside the US including international engagements
- - Prior experience in SDLC project management and analysis including scoping / timeline management, documenting use cases, process flows/swim lane diagrams, requirements (BRD) etc, UAT, change management etc
- - Experience with Project Management methodologies (Agile, waterfall, scrum)
In BPR, we work closely with the business teams to become functional leaders in key supply chain processes and related solutions needs. This includes cross functional processes for enabling Forecasting and Planning processes, Inventory Management, Order management including allocation, optimization and fulfillment, Reverse logistics, OEM onboarding, Distribution Centers, Logistics Carriers, Manufacturing setup and management include FAI, Quality & defect management, Recall processes for quality excursion, Product Lifecycle Management, Engineering BOM management, and Part setup processes. Understanding and analyzing the business problems at the root and not just solving for the symptom is critical to the success of this role. You will focus on recommending process innovation and efficiencies through process analysis. Use cases, observations, industry trends, standard methodologies (Design Thinking, Six Sigma, Lean), leading-edge technology and process improvement ideas to challenge the status quo and deliver extraordinary customer-focused solutions. - Lead technology projects through the full Software Development Life Cycle - from mobilization to problem definition, scoping, requirements, design, business readiness, testing and implementation. - Primary focus will be projects related to S/4 Hana supply chain transformation. - Negotiate with x-functional teams and business partners to remove barriers and get results, without compromising the overall quality of the end deliverable. - Engage with leadership, business partners, and engineering teams to develop a project timeline, key achievements, and a communication plan. - Prepare the business for the change: Ensuring from the very start of the project, there is a change management plan in place. - Ensure project objectives have been met and proper project closure with complete lessons learned.
Education & Experience
MS degree or higher in Computer Science, Business Information Management (e.g., MIS), or Systems Engineering, and 5+ years of related experience. Alternatively BS and 10+ years of experience.
- Experience implementing S/4HANA and SAP Cloud solutions including new technologies like Machine Learning, Optimization, etc. preferred
- Six Sigma and PMP certification is a plus