Asset Manager - Strategic Data Solutions
Elk Grove , California , United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Posted: Sep 29, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200292030
Apple's SDS team is looking for an experienced Asset Manager to manage the entire lifecycle of our infrastructure assets to support the demand for growth of Apple's ecosystem. The role involves addressing complex business problems by coordinating, facilitating and managing assets, processes, and support contracts. The Asset Manager must be able to execute tasks that require accuracy and detail, manage ambiguity through influencing and use relationships to achieve results. The Asset Manager is responsible for effective equipment tracking, utilization, maintenance, and disposition. The position acts as the custodian for data related to equipment and supports the operations team with equipment lifecycle management.
- Thrives in a high-paced environment
- Builds trusted cross-functional relationships to accomplish goals
- A self starter who is curious, creative and can work autonomously
- Effectively communicates across various geographical regions and cross functional teams
- Persistently follows through on open issues and action items through to completion
- Successfully manages competing priorities and meets deadlines
- Enthusiastic willingness to learn new technologies and concepts
- Capable of grasping essentials in unstructured complex situations
- Applies fierce attention to detail and accuracy
- Champions for continuous improvement and innovative approaches
- Experience with Nlyte asset management software and procurement systems heavily preferred
The candidate will be expected to support multiple concurrent projects and partners by managing infrastructure assets from procurement through to their final disposition. As well as, interact with employees at all levels of the organization and possess the judgment and experience to plan and accomplish goals in an environment with multiple priorities. Ideally, you are someone who will be detail oriented in order to accurately track and maintain data on a timely basis and collaborate with a diverse team of people including internal Apple employees as well as external contract manufacturers and suppliers! Responsibilities:
Maintain SDS' IT asset management system, keeping it up to date for all equipment assets through their life cycle.
Establish a systematic method to define life cycle of an asset and make recommendations as and when any asset needs to be replaced or retired.
Partner with teams in supporting project implementations during each critical achievement to ensure successful delivery of a project
Procure (i.e. issues purchase orders) assets and services in accordance with company policy and the procurement system.
Provide management reports and updates to Senior Management on all asset management functions
Find opportunities to reduce maintenance spend and/or re-use opportunities through using real-time data
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. Visit jobs.apple.com to learn more.