RF Hardware Test Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Sep 28, 2021
Role Number: 200290118
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every single day. Are you ready to join the RF Design - Platform Architecture team?
- You will have knowledge at least one of these wireless standards: Cellular (4G/5G), WiFi/BT and/or RF Component Characterization (PAs, LNAs, switches, filters, and oscillators).
- Strong with OOP programming, languages such as Python, C, C++ or C#
- Proficiency with code revisioning systems such as Git or SVN
- Experience in test and automation using the latest instruments from Litepoint, Rohde&Schwarz, Keysight, and others
- Working knowledge of RF test equipment including spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, and communication analyzers is required.
- Experience with: GPIB/VISA, UART and RF Bench Measurements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, challenging, and dynamic team environment
The RF Design Automation Engineer will develop test systems on Mac OS X to evaluate and characterize the multiple radio subsystems and their component building blocks that will be used to create the next generation of iPhones, iPads, and other Apple wireless products. You will work as an integral part of the wireless hardware design team in order to maximize the productivity of the group by streamlining the data collection and analysis process.
You will design and develop OOP-based RF Automation Frameworks, actively participate in collaborative code and architecture reviews, bring-up and debug initial prototypes for next-generation Apple products to quickly bootstrap automation facilities.
You will also work with multi-functional Firmware, Driver and Hardware teams to debug issues surfaced during automated testing.
Design test automation and algorithms to characterization product RF-parametric performance, including EVM, ACLR, Sensitivity, PER, Throughput, Current Consumption etc.
You will be engaged with multiple RF Technologies, including Cellular, mmWave and WLAN/BT
Engage with external vendors to define and understand new automation solutions. Work side-by-side with RF Design engineers build accurate and efficient algorithms for new RF-based technologies.
Periodically present to management on various topics including key automation developments, new technology support strategy and associated timelines
Education & Experience
BSEE or equivalent degree required; MSEE or equivalent preferred.