NFC/UWB Field Design Engineer
Austin , Texas , United States
Posted: Sep 28, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200292503
Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of Apple products? We are the Apple Field Design Connectivity group, and we specialize in different technologies such as UWB(Ultra Wide Band) & NFC(Near Field Communication). We are seeking highly motivated engineers who will be evaluating these technologies in the latest iPhone, Apple Watch & iPad and real world. This includes focused experiments and real-world engineering analysis to improve overall end user experience. Come join our team!
- Knowledge of at least one of the wireless technologies: NFC, WiFi/BT & UWB
- Understanding of NFC/UWB related protocols, NFC Forum/EMVCo standards/and/or IEEE 802.15.xx experience with understanding of RF metrics
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage relationships across functional area
- Familiarity of UWB wireless standard, e.g. IEEE 802.15.xx, FiRA is a huge plus!
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to travel locally and internationally
We are looking for someone who will work with the HW/System development teams and other cross functional teams on identifying issues impacting HW/System performance. You will perform deep analysis into internal logs, understand and root cause system issues. Perform early valuations of prototypes and End-to-End system performance for Near Field Communication (NFC) and Ultra wide band (UWB).
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Equivalent
- Nice to have:
- - Basic Scripting experience in MATLAB/Python/shell
- - Familiarity with test instruments such as RF Signal Generators, spectrum analyzer etc
- - Log analysis and debugging skills