- Operate end center packaging station and assemble finished product on pallets. Assist Maintainer in troubleshooting the production process and clear machine jams as needed.
- Perform visual checks of finished ends to ensure entire process is in compliance and take appropriate measures to correct the process when deficiencies are found.
- Maintain sufficient supply of dunnage and materials for End Center production needs, including sorting and stacking of pallets and changing shrink wrap.
- Complete required quality checks and documentation such as process check sheets, log books, and ESE and maintenance check sheets.
- Upend and load coils on to End Center unwinder and dump scrap dumpsters as needed.
- Ensure that End Center finished product is properly cured, wrapped and stored and perform quality checks as required.
- Check conditions of forklift and perform basic P.M.’s.
- Maintain cleanliness of all work areas and follow all safety procedures and work practices.
- Assist in other production areas as needed to maintain a smooth flow of cans and ends through the plant.
- High School Education/GED
- Understand end center materials specifications, quality packaging requirements and H.F.I. Procedures.
- Understand individual customer product specifications, lacquer finishes, pack sizes and quality specifications.
- Know how to clear jams and have a basic understanding of entire end making process.
- Ability to operate bagging station controls, troubleshoot and correct problems in the bagging process.
- Certified in forklift operation.