HVAC Specialist/Facilities Maintenance Technician
Position Description & Requirements
Community School of Naples is seeking a skilled individual to provide daily maintenance and repair of HVAC and chiller systems, possibly to include other school equipment and facilities. These responsibilities are executed consistent with our mission, standards of service and goals. This position is year round, and could be part time (20-25 hours per week) for HVAC work only, but has the option for full time if the candidate is open to doing buildings and grounds maintenance tasks, which includes events setup and break down. Normal schedule for part time M-F, 7:30a 12:00p and full time is M-F, 7:30a 4p. The successful candidate must be available after hours for emergency call outs and will be eligible for overtime per our employment policies and federal and state regulations.
Summary of duties:
- Performs repairs to sustain high quality condition of equipment & facilities.
- Operates and maintains HVAC and electrical equipment.
- Perform tests, repairs and replacement of all equipment related to HVAC, electrical systems, motor control centers, plumbing and preventative maintenance.
- Responds to work orders, investigates problems and completes appropriate action.
- Completes all tests, inspections and maintains required documentation to assure CSN facilities are in compliance with all legislated safety, environmental and hazardous waste codes.
- Assists with set up and/or take down of all CSN events.
- As assigned: provides general assistance to any school department, operates a maintenance cart or other tasks.
Qualifications and experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- HVAC certification
- Proven English written and verbal communication skills, customer service skills and through understanding of building systems
- Demonstrated successful experience in a skilled maintenance position for 5 or more years, including repair of equipment and facilities, with at least 3 years as an HVAC tech.
- Knowledge of basics in plumbing, carpentry, painting and electrical functions.
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft office and related maintenance computer software applications.
- Frequently lift, carry or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally 50 pounds or more.
- Possess a valid Florida Drivers license with an acceptable official driving record and the ability to operate a maintenance cart and/or school motor vehicles.
Compensation & Benefits
The part time and full-time options are paid hourly, $25-$31 per hour, based on experience, qualifications, certifications and licensure. Acceptance of the full time position includes a $1000 sign on bonus, subject to six months of continuous employment and a relocation stipend of $1000 for a move of 100 miles or more. All employees are eligible to participate in CSNs 403(b) retirement program as well as Aflac, Legal Shield and Pet Insurance offerings. Full time employees are eligible for our competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, disability, AD&D, and life insurance. Breakfast and lunch are provided free of charge on all school days. Please visit our website for more details about the benefits of a career at CSN.
Please submit your online application using the link below, as hard copies, e-mails and faxes will not be recorded or stored. Your cover letter, resume and any letters of reference may be uploaded to the online application.
Fingerprinting and background checks are a required part of CSNs employment eligibility process.
Community School of Naples is an Equal Opportunity Employer.