The lab aide will assist in maintaining a clean and organized school environment. Lab aide will assist program coordinator in day-to-day operations, development, maintenance, organization of school equipment and assist faculty in the same.
Multiple candidates may be hired from this position.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1. Perform light maintenance on aircraft.
2. Lab and hangar maintenance and organizatiton
3. Building and developing training aides
4. Assisting faculty with day-to-day operations
5. Moving aircraft and arranging aircraft as needed
6. Assisting with school open house events
7. Internet research
8. Tool room monitoring and Tool room distribution to students
9. Tool room attendant
Essential Responsibilities and Duties Continued
1. Enrolled in the aviation maintenance program.
2. 3.5 GPA
3. Welding skills
4. Sheet Metal skills
5. Telecommunication skills
6. Strong ability to problem solve
7. Ability to work under pressure
8. Physically able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
9. Self motivated
1. 3.5 GPA
2. Telecommunication skills
3. Problem solving skills
4. Self motivated
5. Willingness to be productive
Must have Federal work-study award through SLCC’s Financial Aid office
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Basic processing and dexterity skills
2. Ability to follow directions and complete assigned tasks.
3. Competent hand writing and typing skills
3. Sheet metal- riveting and layout
4. Welding- arc and gas shielded
5. Comprehend FAA and Airport Regulations
6. Internet navigation
Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, ability, culture, ethnic background, to maintain good working relationships across the College. Ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities.
Non-Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1. Cleaning of lab areas and hangar area
2. Answering telephones and forwarding pertinent information.
4. Helping instructors with basic classroom tasks
5. Returning training aides to stowage locations
Hiring 4 positions. Work-study is awarded to SLCC students through the Federal College Work-Study program, which requires establishing financial need through the FAFSA application from the Financial Aid Office. If you do not have work-study awarded to you, you will not be eligible for work under work-study positions. Salt Lake Community College may complete a criminal background check on the finalist.
Please indicate on your resume if your work experience is full time or part time.
Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status, expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.