Corporate Trainer, Advanced Manufacturing (Part Time)
Corporate Trainer will be responsible for tasks and activities related to course/workshop instruction for Advanced Manufacturing programs with a specific emphasis on foundational manufacturing skills, including: standard manufacturing practices (GD&T, FOD control, marking out, reading and verifying blue prints/plans, and quality control); a wide range of hand tools and pneumatic tools. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering training content and lab activities through in-person and/or on-line modalities, maintaining appropriate course material inventory, maintaining safe and clean labs, lesson planning, tracking student progress and maintaining records, clear communication re: expectations and feedback to students on progress, professional relationships with industry partners.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1. Responsible for all tasks and activities related to the delivery of the course/workshop content.
2. Maintain records of student performance, including test administration and posting of all grades into appropriate on-line system.
3. Responsible for the management of an effective learning environment, including communication with students through electronic methods as well as in class.
4. Follow approved course content, per college policy, assuring successful completion of identified student learning outcomes.
5. Maintain current industry standards and best practices as appropriate.
6. Attend required training and departmental meetings.
7. Communicate expectations related to coursework.
8. Maintain open line of communication with program manager/coordinator.
9. Engage students through classroom discussions and activities.
10. Adjust curriculum to meet changing industry trends and/or standards.
11. Ensure students are given multiple opportunities to acquire knowledge and skills they will need to successfully complete the course, apply what they have learned and demonstrate they are developing the skills necessary to be successful.
12. When appropriate, assist in identifying student placement or career advancement opportunities.
13. Other duties as needed to support program success.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties Continued
BA/BS degree preferred in either engineering, construction, or a similar discipline or
Journeyman’s Certification or equivalent. Experience with composite materials; injection molding experience, aircraft maintenance or assembly experience; adult education experience.
Specific documented training and additional related work experience may be substituted for education on a two for one-year basis. Three or more years teaching/training experience. Prior experience working with adult learners
Minimum of 2 years manufacturing/trades industry experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Strong interpersonal communication skills
Computer and software skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, etc.) Able to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community Must be adaptable, flexible, and have the ability to multi-task
Demonstrate interest and passion for teaching
Ability to track and keep records of student enrollment and progress
Must be dependable.
Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, ability, culture, ethnic background, to maintain good working relationships across the College. Ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities.
Non-Essential Responsibilities and Duties
This posting is for ongoing recruiting where the submitted applications are
reviewed by the hiring department when positions become available. Please attach Resume, copies of credentials or certificates and transcripts.
Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status, expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.