Teach animation classes for the Division of Visual Art & Design.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
Under minimal supervision, teach semester-long animation classes. Undergo college mandatory training. Take part in departmental-level training. Follow all SLCC policies and procedures.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties Continued
1. Becomes familiar with, and abides by, all college policies with immediate priority given to those policies that govern interactions with colleagues, staff, administrators, and departments throughout the organization
2. Maintains professional etiquette in communications with students, staff, faculty, and administrators
3. Provides appropriate and timely feedback for all assignments
4. Returns graded assignments in a timely fashion per department standards
5. Maintains student attendance records (for Financial Aid purposes) and grades
6. Conducts a variety of appropriate evaluations of student performance
7. Informs students of progress-to-date periodically and assigns and submits grades by published deadlines
8. Assists in maintaining a safe and mutually respectful instructional environment
9. Prepares and submits incident reports to Dean of Student Services for inappropriate student behavior as defined by the Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities Policy
10. Maintains professional and collegial behavior
11. Handles/responds to student concerns/complaints, and responds to student communications and inquiries promptly (generally within 12 days)
12. Maintains professional appearance as defined by the discipline and/or College procedure
13. Completes all required employee trainings
14. Knows and enforces FERPA guidelines
15. Provides ADA accommodations as requested
Five years full-time experience in animation industry
Demonstrated experience in animation field
Some post-secondary (college) education experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Ability to teach post-secondary animation students
2. Demonstrated abilities in animation proficiency
3. Good reading and writing skills
4. Excellent communication skills
5. Dependable and punctual
Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, culture, ethnic background, and abilities, to maintain good working relationships across the College. The ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities.
Non-Essential Responsibilities and Duties
This is a pooled position. The department reviews applications as positions become available. *
Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Portfolio of animation samples may be requested prior to hiring.
1) In accordance with SLCC policy, adjunct positions are offered on a semester by semester basis with no guarantee of continued employment.
2) Official transcripts are required for those who are offered employment within in 30 days of hire.
3) In accordance with Board of Regents policy, SLCC’s Human Resources will conduct a criminal background check on instructors if concurrent enrollment (K-12) students are assigned to classes.
Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status, expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.