Supports the goals and objectives of the Food and Nutrition Services Department by performing the functions of various areas including: cafeteria, sanitation, food production, diet office, catering, coffee shop, tray assembly, and tray passer.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Sets up and breaks down the dish machine properly. Knows the proper technique for de-liming the dish machine.
- Ensures the cleanliness of all dishes used in the department.
- Removes trash from the kitchen and takes it to the correct location.
- Stocks the cafeteria with silverware, dishes, and trays.
- Monitors and maintains the cleanliness of the kitchen floor and walls, and the cafeteria dirty dish return window area.
- Organizes clean dish area and makes sure it is also clean and sanitized.
- Organizes chemical storage area and makes sure it is also clean. _
- Maintains all hand wash sinks in the main kitchen. Making sure they are clean and stocked with napkins and soap.
- Scrapes trays from the cafeteria and transports them down to the dish room.
- Sanitize the cafeteria tables, and straightens up the seating area.
- Demonstrated ability to read and write and follow written and oral instructions.
- No experience required.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands - Heavy
Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.