As chefs, we have the power to influence lives through the power of food. Inspire students through food, teach them what's possible through sustainable resources.
Sodexo Education is seeking a Chef Manager to assist with managing a food and nutrition program for KIPP Houston, located in Houston, TX. KIPP Houston is a branch of the KIPP charter school network of free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public schools dedicated to preparing students in underserved communities for success in college and life. Sodexo's partnership with KIPP has grown in recent years and we are now affiliated with several accounts throughout the state. Working for Sodexo as the Chef Manager will provide you with the opportunity to contribute your skills to a company that strives to enhance the learning environment for students. Sodexo offers clear career paths, growth and advancement opportunities, professional resources and training. This is a great position for someone looking for a better work-life balance while having the opportunity to grow their career.
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production forecasting;
- oversee operations and logistics of the centralized kitchen where food is transported to the schools for breakfast, lunch and dinner;
- ensure Sodexo and USDA Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members;
- ability to create culinary promotions to further increase student meal purchases;
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance; and/or
- have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- previous experience in a K-12 environment is preferred;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards;
- strong coaching and employee development skills; and/or
- have a passion for food and innovation.
Learn more about KIPP Texas at https://kipptexas.org/
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts. Click here for more information about Sodexo's Benefits.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.