As an aspiring Chef you want to enhance the lives of others.
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 1 for Paul's Run Retirement Community located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Paul's Run is a large, upscale continuing care retirement that utilizes a Fresh Culinary concept bringing scratch cooking to Seniors. The candidate for this position will oversee food service operations for all levels of care serving approximately 400 residents. If you have a passion for food, culinary concepts and you have a flair for customer service than we are looking for you! The Executive Chef will report to the General Manager and manage a staff of approximately 15 cooks.
The successful candidate will:
- implement and standardize all culinary systems and procedures for residents: Catering, production, FMS sheets, inventory control, HACCP, cleaning schedules, staffing plans, presentation and quality of food, kitchen cleanliness, safety, etc. Sodexo standards will be the benchmark;
- FMS: monitoring, Audits, implementation and standardization for new menus;
- be responsible for Food and Physical Safety and annual training for all hourly associates;
- Gold Check audits: conduct audits, create action plans based on audit findings. Responsible for keeping and updating GC audit books;
- Procurement: Work with vendors on procurement items. Responsible for purchasing manager and purchasing financial audits;
- improve and standardize catering and banquet services, create menus based on client needs;
- create interpersonal relationships with client and residents.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background; with prior experience working in a senior living or healthcare environment is desired;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- experience leading and engaging a culinary team, with exceptional human resource and supervisory/management skillset;
- menu planning experience and a strong understanding of current culinary trends;
- a strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts;
- the ability to successfully lead, develop and train a team;
- proficient computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills;
- Servsafe certified as well as working knowledge of HACCP and experience with Health and Safety audits; and
- Culinary degree is a plus.
Learn more about Paul's Run a member of the Liberty Lutheran family services
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.
Provides culinary leadership within a small sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution
-Executes the culinary function
-Customer & Client satisfaction
-Manages food & physical safety program.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.