Sodexo is seeking an experienced Retail Manager 3 for Texas A&M University Commerce, in Commerce, TX. Our Retail Manager 3 will oversee four retail outlets with additional venues on the horizon. The Retail Manager will be responsible for a retail food court with three internal brands, a Sandealla's Flat Bread Cafe and two National brand in Chick Fil A and Starbucks licensed store.
Our campus is in Commerce, Texas. We are 45 minutes east of Dallas and our student population is approximately 12,000 with approximately 2,000 living on campus. Our dining services also include Resident Dining, Catering and Concessions, We are in our 2nd year of a 10 year contract renewal and expected to grow into a 10M account within the next fiscal year.
Candidates who can demonstrate working knowledge of Chick Fil A, Starbucks and/or Sodexo systems such as Kronos, Drive, The Market Connection (TMC) and are proficient in computer skills, online ordering platforms, and report management tools are a plus!!
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations
- deliver high quality food service
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships
- create a positive work environment while ensuring Sodexo standards are met.
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service
- prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed
- lead frontline teams, mentoring them in accurate cash handling, operations, open and closing processes; and/or
- train and manage department HACCP Safety Programs, Sodexo programs and daily operation standards.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a history of strong leadership and excellent communication skills;
- prior experience promoting national brands with clients and customers in a campus environment; and/or
- proven client relationship and customer service skills.
- High-volume campus/university retail food operations management experience.
- Experience training and leading supervisors and hourly staff.
- Experience driving sales, controlling costs, ordering and inventory.
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts. Click here for more information about Sodexo's Benefits.
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management and Retail Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Retail Management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.