Sodexo is seeking a Sales Manager - Conference Centers to join our team in selling event space at The Chase Center on the Riverfront in Wilmington, DE. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in selling event space within a large conference or hotel setting.
Duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- responsible for responding to all catering and event inquiries as well as prospecting and closing business that positively impacts hotel revenues;
- responsible for prospecting for new opportunities including outside sales call efforts;
- responsible for, site inspections, food and beverage and all detailed negotiations for events;
- responsible for accurately producing all Letters of Agreements for weddings, socials, and corporate events;
- he/she will ensure proper collection of funds for groups and events, both directly with the client and with the accounting team;
- develop and maintain an account base, as designated by Director of Sales, to achieve centers revenue goals;
- be responsible for and implement a sales action plan for the development of the designated market segments which includes telephone/direct mail solicitation, personal call program, related sales trips, trade show participation and entertainment;
- achieve annual goals as designated by Director of Sales;
- respond promptly to all inquiries and correspondence from clients, prospects, and lead referrals;
- respond promptly to requests by Director of Sales for reports and other assignments;
- execute sales calls and sales trips as designated;
- achieve sales and revenue goals as specified in the goal setting process;
- develop working relationship with operational department areas;
- follow up on all assigned sales leads within appropriate time;
- be knowledgeable of local competitive facilities and marketing strategies;
- follow up with clients during events, according to standards;
- provide weekly and monthly reports of sales calls and marketing actions as requested by Director of Sales; and/or
- maintain efficient and time processing of paperwork, files, and reports
Must be able to cultivate markets, prospect & develop relationships, immediately translating to sales results in addition to providing ongoing support to the sales team. Thorough knowledge of IACC, CMP pricing and Hotel related sales required as well as the ability to implement and train sales team in CMP sales strategies.
Isn't it time YOU joined the winning team?
The property is situated in Wilmington's revitalized riverfront district conveniently located at the I95 corridor easily accessible to Philadelphia, Baltimore & Washington DC. The Chase Center on the Riverfront is flexible meeting and event venue connected to a 180 room Westin Hotel. The Chase Center and Westin Hotel comprise 90,000 square feet of meeting and exhibit space, including ample conference rooms, a 250-seat auditorium, an open exhibit area and several beautiful ballrooms.
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Working for Sodexo:
Our desire to be a leader in each of the industries where we work affords our employees the opportunity to bring on new clients in numerous areas - and continue to grow their careers in almost any direction. At Sodexo, it's possible to have multiple careers all while working for the same company. Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. We offer in-house professional development programs and support our employees who want to pursue external learning opportunities - whether you want to stay on the cutting edge or learn new skills to help you advance into a new type of role.