Head of Strategy, Apple Services - Creative Services & Brand Experience
Culver City , California , United States
Posted: Sep 29, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200293260
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We're searching for a Head of Strategy that is keen on culture and innovation, and is able to bring vision, passion and insight to the team and its projects. This role is based in our Culver City, CA office and is part of the Creative Services and Brand Experience organization that develops and produces editorial content, events and experiences across Apple Services. Its Strategy and Development team is responsible for developing the creative strategy and initial approach that informs and inspires this work.
- 15+ years in senior creative strategy role(s) working on innovative entertainment based projects and campaigns where content and experiential have played a central role
- Ability to understand how strategy lives within - and inspires creative execution across - the broader marketing mix
- Deep understanding of audiences, trends and insight, with the ability to apply this knowledge to all projects
- Avid consumer of media and social media, with a proven understanding of how to plan content roll out across a broad range of channels and platforms
- Skilled in prioritizing multiple, complex, concurrent projects. Able to respond and adapt to the needs of a highly matrixed organization, and ensure that work is delivered to a high standard while adhering clearly to defined business and marketing objectives.
- Highly skilled storyteller that writes stylized pitch presentations, and can build a clear, compelling strategic narrative that helps to set up and frame creative work.
- Outstanding attention to detail, while still working under tight timelines
- Experience in managing and developing a team
- Highly adaptable with a positive attitude, able to thrive in ambiguity
Lead strategic development, helping to define a clear vision and roadmap that frames thinking and inspires the wider team to develop innovative and ground-breaking content formats and experiential concepts, with a focus on Apple Music and Apple TV+. Consistently provide 'the why?', ensuring every piece of creative the team develops is grounded by an overarching strategy that delivers against clearly defined business objectives. Translate business briefs into inspiring strategic creative briefs. Work with various senior partners to build a clear process for the development of strategy and how it is integrated into the work. Integrate artists, brands and IP into content and experiences in a relevant, effective way. Balance strategic vision with a solid understanding of production feasibility and execution. Identify and understand different Industry and Consumer audiences, and use insights to help the team plan highly effective projects and campaigns. Continually inform and inspire the team on trends, innovation and new ideas, also taking the lead on bringing this insight and expertise to each of the projects that you work on. Work with other senior partners to gather data and help evaluate work, using this insight to inform, adapt and improve new ideation and ongoing projects. Confident and inspiring presenter, able to explain strategy to various partners of all levels of seniority across the business. Work collaboratively as part of wider Senior team that includes a Head of Development, Creative Leads, Producers and Project Managers. Constant advocate for strategy, helping to educate partners and other teams on the value strategy brings to final output. When necessary, work with cross-functional teams to integrate the Apple Services ecosystem into event programming plans and campaigns. This role reports into the Head of Strategy and Development.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Proficient in Keynote, Microsoft Office, Pages and Numbers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.