Strategic Quality Process Improvement Program Manager
Austin , Texas , United States
Support and Service
Posted: Sep 30, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200293441
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don't just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Strategic Quality Process Improvement continuously advances AppleCare's support to be even easier, better and faster. By combining an improvement approach with problem solving methods and high-energy peer collaborations across the globe, this team makes Apple better every day. The team is responsible for working with partners to identify continuous improvement signals, close gaps, and innovate by applying lean and Six Sigma philosophies and practices to AppleCare processes worldwide. We are looking for a critical thinker, facilitator, and process engineer to help us drive increasing value to external and internal customers. The ideal candidate for this position will be a scientific problem solver, humble learner, detail orientated, good communicator and highly organized.
- Critical thinker who is able to ask probing questions and collect deep insights before forming solutions.
- Influencer who is able to quickly form new partnerships, organize and motivate problem solving teams, and drive effective outcomes based on root cause analysis.
- Scientific problem solver who can use data and analysis to articulate baseline conditions, constraints, root causes, and ideal conditions.
- Effective challenger who can influence others using data.
- Diligent, highly organized individual, able to keep accurate documentation.
- Strong teammate, with the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Must have proven creative problem solving history.
- Self-starter willing to take ownership and drive to completion.
- Self-motivated, driven individual who is comfortable working in a global, matrixed, fast-paced environment; proven ability to work with ambiguity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and be fluent in English.
- Story-teller who can visually and verbally communicate wins and learnings.
- Experience with process mapping techniques and tools.
Triage and filter new opportunities using data analysis and Lean / Six Sigma practices; Drive continuous improvement to quantitatively and qualitatively improve Advisor and Customer experience; Collaborate with business partners to define, plan and implement process and procedure updates and initiatives; Routinely share new business insights with teammates to foster continuous learning; Analyze reports to identify potential systemic issues and summarize estimated impact of uncovered opportunities; Research process & recommend best practices to satisfy business needs; analyze the root cause and provide solutions; Provide timely and accurate updates on initiative and triage activities as required by the SQPI Manager; Participate in team rhythms like huddles, workshops, retrospectives and problem solving; Support administrative tasks such as creating readouts, maintaining trackers and publish weekly / monthly metrics reports; Collaborate with cross functional teams to design the right future-proofed solution to satisfy the business needs; Help up-stream partners refine improvement signals based on project insights.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree or equivalent Lean or Six Sigma Certification Preferred