Software Engineer - Frontend
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Sep 29, 2021
Role Number: 200294208
Join us on the journey towards building the data science platform for Apple. Working alongside some of the best data scientists and engineers in the industry, we are developing processes, infrastructure and software to simplify and optimize their workflow. If you are thrilled by challenges, here is your opportunity to tackle a few at Apple scale. It is fun when petabyte is 'small data' and when every small task you accomplish can improve the experience for millions of customers. We are looking for an enthusiastic frontend engineer, who is experienced in developing rich web experiences to work on crafting user experiences that support some of Apple's most impactful teams and products.
- Experience developing, testing and maintaining rich web experiences with UIs that address deep domains with high volumes of data.
- Experience bringing an impactful feature or experience to fruition by collaborating with diverse teams.
- Experience maintaining a living and complex codebase with a modern stack.
- Avid learner who follows or participates in dev community events and content.
- Possesses great synthesis and communication skills.
- Nice to Haves
- Knowledge of continuous integration
- Passion for UX and developer experience
- Experience implementing elaborate data flows using Redux or another flux inspired data flow library.
- Proficient in using side effect libraries such as redux saga and redux observables.
- Experience interpreting UX research findings and user analytics to design better, data driven experiences.
- Experience with reactive or functional programming.
- Familiar with tooling such as Webpack and NPM.
- Impactful contributions to open source projects.
- Experience with data visualization technologies.
- Experience with product development for products in the data domain.
In this role you will be working on one or more web applications that enable other teams within Apple to build, test, and ship their code. You will be exposed to a large domain where you will be taking part in synthesizing complex workflows to produce experiences that help users visualize, understand and manage various aspects of their workflow for data engineering, data science and machine learning. To accomplish this, you will be expected to efficiently collaborate and communicate with large and diverse teams and take part in the ownership of the user experience design, implementation and maintenance. This will involve producing and challenging wireframes and user-flows, implementing them with test-covered code, and slowly evolving the codebase alongside community advancements. The position is full-time and onsite in either Seattle or Santa Clara Valley.
Education & Experience
BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, or equivalent experience