AppleCare Engineering - Product Readiness Project Manager
Austin , Texas , United States
Support and Service
Posted: Sep 29, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200291906
The people here at Apple don't just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. AppleCare Engineering is looking for an extraordinary person to provide project management and technical support for consumer and professional applications. This individual will exemplify AppleCare's expert technical support paired with outstanding customer service for Apple's software apps. This person is a problem solver, who understands the big picture for Apple in terms of customer experience, can take charge, handle simultaneous projects, and works well in a team environment. This person represents AppleCare as the liaison between Apple's contact centers, Engineering, Product Marketing, and Operations in order to provide the best possible customer support experience. This position can be based Austin, TX or Elk Grove, CA.
- Minimum 5 years experience in technical support or related area.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Technical proficiency with Apple's productivity and creativity apps for iOS and macOS.
- Experience with image processing/digital video/multimedia technologies a plus.
- Leadership and influence: A passion for inspiring, motivating and influencing others in the quest to achieve mutual goals.
- Creativity, curiosity and drive: Constantly thinks out of the box to increase efficiency and frequency of achieving your goals, and in overcoming challenges and hurdles.
- Technical aptitude: Sound technical knowledge that enables you to understand and foresee issues and challenges in new products.
- Effective Communications skills: Excellent verbal and written presentation skills with the ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience.
- Social: Enjoys building and maintaining relationships with various kinds of people.
- Flexible: Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains calm in the face of uncertainty and able to compromise when possible. Able to adapt new information to existing domain of expertise.
An AppleCare New Product Readiness Project Manager is responsible for overseeing product support for all facets of Apple products. They lead project teams responsible for identifying why customers might need support from AppleCare, and they implement corrective or preventative actions to solve issues which customers commonly experience. A successful New Product Readiness Project Manager solves problems so customers rarely need to contact AppleCare for help, and if customers do seek help from AppleCare, they believe their time is well spent. In this role, you will: Forge strong cross-functional relationships across Apple in order to identify potential new product impact on the AppleCare business, and develop / drive new product mitigation strategies for AppleCare. Lead projects to prepare internal and public-facing materials crafted to help AppleCare provide support to customers, and to help customers solve issues without assistance. Work with other teams at Apple to change product behaviors or documentation to improve the user experience using customer feedback, data, and personal observations. Design tools and systems to provide customer support at scale Utilize engineering, operations, and AppleCare insights to estimate and influence expected cost for product support strategies Coordinate AppleCare's various support teams to respond to issues discovered after products are released, and deliver solutions to customers which lead to satisfactory outcomes.
Education & Experience
A BS degree in an engineering subject area or equivalent experience
- Proficiency with Apple apps, such as iMovie, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, Clips