Product Manager, Podcasts
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Sep 29, 2021
Role Number: 200291377
We're perfectionists. Idealists. Inventors. Forever tinkering with products and processes, always on the lookout for better. Are you someone who's looking to be a part of a team that wants to change the world? Do you possess a passion to think differently and challenge conventional approaches to problem solving? At Apple, we're focused on building great products that are beautiful, innovative, and help our customers improve their quality of life. The Internet Software & Services (IS&S) team at Apple provides our global customers access to an incredible collection of amazing content and features across music, movies, apps, books, news, and much more. We are looking for an experienced Product Manager with a passion for podcasts to join the IS&S Product team. We are looking for someone who is obsessed with creating the best customer experience, has experience with cross platform development and subscription services, can work in quick and rapid iterative cycles, has the creativity and humility to formulate new ideas and approaches, and above all, uses data and structured thinking to inform their approach. You'll oversee the roadmap, development and launch of innovations in how listeners discover and consume all types of podcasts no matter where they are or what they are doing, like while driving, running, at work, or at home. You'll need to be a specialist on the competitive landscape, and find areas of opportunity in this dynamic market. You'll partner with other product managers as well as design, engineering, business, marketing, and analytics to drive a set of features that differentiates Apple Music in a uniquely Apple way!
- 5+ years of experience in product development, ideally on consumer facing media product
- Strong consumer product instincts; you intuitively understand why product ideas will succeed
- Fundamentally analytical and technical; you have the ability to collect and analyze data from a variety of sources, identify key insights, spot optimization opportunities, and inform product decisions
- Exhibit a bias towards action and experimentation
- Produce articulate and inspired presentations to communicate your vision and plans.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate with a wide range of team members and job functions - all the way up to executives
- Experience with global teams and international product expansion a plus
- Experience with digital subscription products a strong plus.
- Experience with podcasts or media industry preferred.
- Working with a cross-functional team, develop a product roadmap and align stakeholders across the Podcasts org and in other parts of the Services organization. - Using market data and an understanding of the podcast industry, identify opportunities to differentiate Apple Podcasts and grow our listener base. - Clearly communicate strategy in a structured way to socialize your roadmap and report results - Work hand-in-hand with user researchers, design and data analytics partners to analyze results and synthesize findings. - Write clear and concise product requirements that capture the vision, goals, and key elements of new products and features. - Work closely with design and engineering to bring new features to listeners. - Initiate, coordinate, and review launch activities and deliverables for new features in conjunction with business, public relations, AppleCare, marketing communications, and many others. - Stay on top of standard methodologies across the industry to develop a resource of growth tactics
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree or equivalent working experience. MBA, Computer Science or equivalent background preferred.