App Compatibility Automation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Sep 29, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200292928
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The App Compatibility team is seeking an experienced engineer to help ensure that the wide array of third-party applications available for our platforms continue to meet our customers' high expectations. As a member of our team, you'll build automation that helps framework teams understand their impact on existing apps and guard our operating systems against changes that would negatively impact critical applications. With the global success of the App Store and the wide array of apps available for all of Apple's platforms, your impact will be worldwide, and you will help improve the customer experience for everyone using our products.
- 3+ years of proven ability developing automated tests on mobile platforms.
- Experience writing, triaging, and debugging tests, as well as test harness enhancement, primarily focused on UI applications.
- Development experience in Python plus an underlying knowledge of Swift or Objective C.
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems.
- Creative and critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills to investigate and debug difficult issues, often involving limited information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, needed to facilitate close interaction with development teams, management, and other organizations within Apple.
- Passion for software and product quality; commitment to Apple's customers and their high standards; and relentless focus on the customer experience.
The App Compatibility team consists of testing, engineering, and project management aimed at one thing - ensuring applications continue to function properly when an operating system is updated. As automation engineer on this team, you will develop automated tests across a wide array of third-party applications on all of Apple's platforms. You will work with frameworks teams to build tests using third-party applications that exercise existing APIs and ensure that API functions as expected at all phases of the development cycle. You will help build the strategy for adoption of compatibility tests, evangelize existing tests, and coordinate with the wider Compatibility team to ensure proper test coverage. Ideal candidates are specialists in automation testing and have previously worked on designing, developing and maintaining automation tests, testing frameworks and tools used to automate integration and QA workflows.
Education & Experience
BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.