The City of Seattle is seeking a qualified candidate for an Intune Engineer with Seattle Information Technology (IT).
As a city, Seattle is known as a progressive leader in technology, innovation, and the environment. As an employer, the City of Seattle is leading local government in environmental stewardship and social justice amongst other things, making our city what it is today and shaping our exciting future. The organization's workforce plays a critical role in making this possible.
Seattle IT is the technology backbone of the City of Seattle's complex operations and its ability to deliver a wide array of services for the residents of Seattle. The 600+ strong professionals in Seattle IT are involved in the full spectrum of a modern IT enterprise offering many dynamic career opportunities. Our vision is simple: be a Best-in-Class digital services delivery team and set best practices for others to follow.
Primary role will be a Microsoft Intune Engineer for MDM administration, to include iOS, Android, and Windows platforms, of the supported end-user computing environment including application packaging, testing and deployment, general administrative functions, like Intune policy and configuration creation and management within Endpoint Manager, troubleshooting end-user computing devices and/or Intune-related issues ranging from deployments, patching, and mobile application management within the City’s Azure environment. This position requires advanced information technology knowledge, including MDM, Android/IOS Operating Systems, Security, Networking, Applications, Scripting, and Query-building skills. Applicant must demonstrate success documenting technical procedures and communications for both technical staff and for consumption by end users (non-technical). High attention to detail and ability to multi-task are required as Engineers often work on multiple projects with technical staff and customers on a regular basis.
The successful candidate will:
- Act as a technical lead for projects, develop roadmap for aligning and updating devices with new features and OS versions as they are released.
- Maintain and update Intune user and Device policies.
- Perform consultations and mentoring with the Device Support Team, Service Desk Team, and other IT teams in the city.
- Be knowledgeable with scripting and automated solution delivery.
- Ensure support and maintenance of applications owned by the team meets service level expectations
- Create and continually refine the roadmap for these technologies.
- Communicate effectively and build strong working relationships with citywide customers on technical and business tasks.
- Deliver to department’s executive leadership technical knowledge, data, best practices, and recommendations for decision making
- Partner with various entities throughout the city on citywide challenges (Governance, IT Projects, Cloud Adoption, Modernization of Windows Enterprise, etc.)
NOTE: Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered for the required qualifications except where specifically noted.
- Minimum three years’ building and maintaining policies, apps, and configurations with Intune
- Minimum four years’ progressive experience with administration in Azure
- Minimum three years’ experience with packaging and deployment of software via automation tools.
- Minimum five years providing technical customer service in a medium to large IT organization.
- Provide and demonstrate a proven success record in documenting technical procedures and communications for both technical staff and for consumption by end users (non-technical).
- Application testing experience.
- Basic Project Management skills.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced dynamic environment with many customers and competing priorities.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent in computer science, information technology, business management or a closely related field.
- Ability to identify and document risks, opportunities and efficiencies related to assigned work.
- Experience building custom scripts with PowerShell, WSQL, SQL Report Writing, or VB to perform advanced functions related to desktop management.
- Project management training or certification.
- Knowledge of current security standards
Employees of the City of Seattle enjoy competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package generous leave programs, and the satisfaction of doing work that helps make Seattle a great place to live, work, and play. Explore City of Seattle – Benefits at a Glance (Download PDF reader) for more information.
How to Apply: Please submit your application, resume, and cover letter to https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/seattle/
City of Seattle employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of vaccination. People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.
Employment contingent upon successful completion of comprehensive background investigation in compliance with Seattle's Fair Change Employment Ordinance 14.17. This position is open to all candidates who meet the minimum qualifications. The Seattle Information Technology Department values diverse perspectives and life experiences. Applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status.
NOTE: This position is covered by a collective bargaining unit; International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 77.
City of Seattle
Seattle Municipal Tower
700 5th Avenue, Suite 5500
Seattle, Washington, 98104