Puget Sound Kidney Centers is proud to serve people with chronic kidney disease throughout the northwestern counties of Washington state. Patient care is our top priority—we train patients to do dialysis at home, provide the very best care in our outpatient dialysis centers and at local hospitals, and bring kidney-health messages to at-risk members of our community.
As a patient-centered, community-based nonprofit, PSKC is committed to ensuring that all patients and their families receive high-quality, convenient, compassionate and affordable care, a deep and long-lasting commitment we’re proud to make to the communities we serve.
We are seeking Registered Nurses (RN) to join our team of medical professionals to oversee the delivery of dialysis and the care of patients at Puget Sound Kidney Centers (PSKC). The RN is responsible for providing education to patients, supervising Dialysis Technicians, adjusting treatment plans per standing orders, monitoring the patient’s outcomes, administer medications, participating in quality improvement projects, and collaborating with other members of the patient’s care team (social worker, dietitians, and nephrologist).
We train RNs who are interested in pursuing a career in the dialysis field. Learn more about our training program Here.
Education and Experience
- Degree from an accredited school of nursing.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred.
- Must have a current Registered Nurse (RN) license from the WA State Board of Nursing.
- Current certification of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) with a Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers card.
- Minimum 1 year experience in Acute or Ambulatory Nursing required.
- Previous Hemodialysis or Peritoneal dialysis experience preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
Pay rate is dependent upon candidate’s qualifications and related experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits program including paid vacation time, paid sick leave, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, 403b retirement plan including employer-matched contributions. To learn more about our organization, visit our main website at www.pskc.net.
Sign on Bonus: Up to $5,000 depending on experience.
Location/Hours: Primary work location can be at one of PSKCs clinics in Everett, Mountlake Terrace, Monroe, or Arlington. A secondary work location will be assigned based on patient and staffing needs. This is a regular, full-time position (36-40 hours/week). Applicants need to be able to work any 3 - 4 days per week (Monday through Saturday) for a 10-13 hour scheduled shift. Opening shifts start as early as 4:00 AM and closing shifts end as late as11:00 PM. Applicants with dialysis experience will be considered for part-time (30 hours/week) or per-diem (variable, less than 30 hours/week) shifts.
Skills and Abilities
- Apply the principles of dialysis when providing treatments and using equipment and supplies.
- Apply the principles of adult learning techniques when educating patients and caregivers including accommodating different learning styles.
- Systematically assess and resolve complex clinical and operational problems.
- See and differentiate colors.
- Concisely and accurately communicate clinical information and recommendations to a physician.
- Operate a computer.
- Read, write, speak, and understand English for the purpose of following written policies and procedures, completion of reports, and communicating with others in the work setting.
- Understand, adapt to, apply, and communicate policy and procedural changes.
- Approach work requirements in a methodical and conscientious manner.
- Prioritize tasks and follow them through to completion in a timely manner, with minimal supervision.
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Consistently arrive at work on time, and maintain excellent attendance.
- Identify, assess, and resolve problems in a timely fashion.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, patients, nephrologist, and visitors as needed.
- React calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Maintain quality control standards.
- Follow the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Maintain work area in a neat and orderly manner.